“Only gets one star because I can't score it a zero!”
Review of Coventry Cathedral

Coventry Cathedral
Ranked #3 of 80 things to do in Coventry
More attraction details
Owner description: Celebrated as the UK's favourite 20th century building, Coventry Cathedral is known all over the world as a beautiful and unique venue. Designed by architect Sir Basil Spence following the bombing of the city in 1940 it was opened in 1962, and contains some of the finest examples of 1950's and 60's art and architecture in the country.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The modern cathedral is an interesting building but the entry fee of £8pp is a disgrace. I have been inside on several occasions whilst singing with the choir and there is nothing in the building to justify such a charge.

Save your money and walk around the old cathedral which is of great interest.

Had Jesus remained in the grave he would be turning in it to think that people were being charged so much to enter his house.

5  Thank VeryHappyBoater
There are newer reviews for Coventry Cathedral

Reviewed February 20, 2014

£16 entrance fee for two people - would Jesus have been happy with that?
We were so annoyed that we refused to pay and left.
We visited many years ago when it was still free and don't recall that it was worth that amount of money, however the remains of the old cathedral are quite interesting

3  Thank johnboy1066
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The site does not take long to walk around but a visit while in the city is worthwhile.the cathedral is walking distance from the coventry transport museum

1  Thank ludlow42002
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The New Testament describes how Jesus removed the moneychangers from the temple and whilst it is clear we should support the upkeep of our cathedrals I find the charge of £16 for two to be excessive. I realise the Archbishop of Cantebury is an ex banker but he does seem to leap into the fray to criticise excess. May I suggest the C of E starts at home! We were hardly met with any enthusiasm by the entrance staff and although I explained my son was a student we were informed in no uncertain terms ( bya member of staff on the periphery of the trans action ) that 'no card no reduction'. The beauty of the Cathedral and the Sutherland Tapestry remain remarkable but the exhibition area is desultory and poor. We left without any enquiry as to what we had thought or really any interest. In fact if the Cathedral cannot find staff with greater enthusiasm or interest in anything other than their own conversations they are doing themselves a dissevice. Our susequent visit to the 'free' art gallery was the opposite. See my review. Go and visit but do not expect a warm Christian welcome.

7  Thank John R T
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My mother in law lived in Coventry until 2 years ago and worked in the cathedral shop, if your into the WW2 history then the old part is a must see but other than that the entrance fee is disgusting in my opinion, even the shop is the usual tourist tat you find in similar attractions the world over.

4  Thank Noshfordosh