“Good food. Ambience needs some attention.”
Review of Shimla Spice

Shimla Spice
Ranked #49 of 614 Restaurants in Coventry
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The food was really good
I booked online which was easy but only got a 'thank you' via someone's mobile phone so wasn't sure if it was a firm booking
Music was really bad. I asked for it to be changed but the replacement was equally awful.
Too light. Ambience needs some attention
Rioja very good value.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

A group of us visited this restaurant on the 8th February to celebrate a friend's 60th birthday party. Although the orders were taken promptly, we waited nearly 2 hours for our main courses to arrive. The dishes were flung onto the table, orders were incomplete or incorrect, much of the food was cold and when complaints were made, the staff became rude and said it was our fault because we had all ordered something different !!!! Would never go there again.

2  Thank Howmanynames
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The manager in this restaurant was very rude, told me and my friend to never return to his restaurant. Waited for 40mins and no food so asked for takeaway they tried to charge full price instead of 20 per cent off as advertised. Would never go here again!!!!!

3  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Does not do the Sunday buffet anymore, but still advertising that they are. Tottaly dishonest and misrepresentation of the sale of goods act. One dissatisfied family turned up whilst I was there to find no buffet on. They did not stay and had the sense of leaving. Staff were arguing, and we were the only dinners, wish we had not bothered. Totally a waste of time and money.
The curry if you could call it that was all sauce, and the rice was cold. Ive got better curry
From Icelands. No atmosphere, what ever the the staff were not interested as they were washing the paintwork on restaurant frontage. Also the staff were rude and sullen, and had the feeling that they could not get rid of us as quickly as possible. Pore parking outside. I would definitely going to say it was the worst meal of my life.
r

3  Thank Craig D
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Staff really helpful and the food was fantastic
We had booked a table for two I arrived a few minutes early
So I had a drink at the bar ,unfortunately my wife who was arriving by train got held up
I explained the problem to the staff and they held the booking open for me for as long as I needed
Definitely going there again :)