Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Cèzanne and Lowry

Nicely displayed. Friendly staff. Worth a visit. I'll definitely be going back when I have more... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
ellenlyonswhite
Coventry, United Kingdom
via mobile
Family History Centre

Within the Herbert Art Gallery & Museum is the Coventry History Centre. There are loads of... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
debja21
Bedworth, United Kingdom

All reviews old masters lady godiva sensory room local history well worth a visit all ages quick visit school holidays interesting exhibits gift shop couple of hours few hours coventry university rainy day nice cafe free entry on display
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I lived in London for a year or so and visited shortly after I moved back here. It isn't grand; it isn't impressive but it has a very friendly, open atmosphere. It's okay to browse, some of the touring exhibitions are well worth a trip and the area outside by the cathedral is one of the nicest in Coventry. The food is fresh and a good value. I happily go every few months and see what's on. Great for adults and families alike. Well done the Herbert.

Date of experience: May 2013
2  Thank Roblie
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I visit the Herbert quite a lot, usually on a Sunday with my daughter. There is always so much to see and do and when you are a bit weary from walking round it has a great coffee shop too.

Date of experience: March 2013
1  Thank GlobeBarbie
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Adapted for wheelchair users, café and guided tours available. Interesting gift shop and special exhibitions throughout the year. Art groups throughout the year for children and young people. Walking distance to Coventry Uni and central within city centre and historic Coventry Cathedral.

Date of experience: June 2013
1  Thank MinnieIslamabad
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I visited the Herbert a couple of weeks ago as there was an exhibition I wanted to see and I was passing. I was really impressed by the venue, the layout is great, the exhibits really refreshing and put together in a way which inspires you to look at work you may not think you are interested in at first glance. Great contemporary work next to more conventional pieces giving a really new perspective and insights into artists thoughts and approaches to subject matter.
I found other exhibitions even more interesting than the one I'd gone out of my way to see.
The staff were really friendly and helpful, one of the best galleries I've been to in a while, and I visit a lot! The cafe is really nice too.

Date of experience: June 2013
1  Thank Kaf13
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Great educational visit. My 6 year old boy enjoyed it. There os plenty to see with ecological exhibitions for the kids. There are plenty of little work sheets to do. My son took them into school to show his teacher. Great couple of hours out.

Date of experience: October 2012