All reviews double tree warm cookies deluxe room parking charge excellent hotel room service sauna and steam room leisure centre breakfast was excellent afternoon tea comfortable hotel evening meal changing rooms coffee machine excellent stay would stay again bar area
Selected filters
Reviewed September 24, 2017

The hotel is located some distance from the city centre on a business park. The first surprise is the £5 daily parking charge and the presence of a machine for parking payment-however guests enter their registration number on a touch screen at reception. On the evening of 22nd September, the staff on reception were unfriendly, treating guests almost as necessary inconveniences. A hot cookie was thrust into my hand and I was ushered away to my room. The room (444) overlooked the air conditioning units and a flat roof at the rear of the property. The ‘air conditioning’ fan was very noisy, blowing out cold air. Any attempt to increase the room temperature on the thermostat failed. It was then I noticed a small oil filled electric heater in the room which I turned on and left on all night. On parking my car I had noticed that a car had been left with its interior lights on. Twice I called reception to inform them by dialling “0” but no-one answered on either occasion. In the end I wrote the details of the car on a piece of paper and went to reception to ask if they could contact the owner. They said they would try but on departure the following morning the car still had its lights on. There was no guest information folder in the room.

By contrast to all of the above, the staff at breakfast were friendly and helpful and the range of breakfast items was impressive (buffet style). This Hilton rates as one of the worst I have ever stayed in-staff training and the apparent lack of anyone in charge are major worries. I would definitely not stay there again-poor value for money.

Room tip: get a room on the front?
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank brianchaplin
DTCoventryGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Dear brianchaplin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of our hotel, I am very sorry you left feeling less than satisfied. I am reviewing your feedback with my management team so we can look to improve our product and service for future guests.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future where we can show you our usual high standards of product and service.

Reviewed September 23, 2017

Overall the stay although only one night was a very comfortable one
The staff on check in were very helpful and friendly and pointed me towards what turned out to be a very clean , tidy and large room
The restaurant clearly required more staff behind the bar to help out. I might not have had to wait so long for my food but all said and done I have rated the whole experience as very good and it was. I is a credit to the Hilton group

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear carlbI5073YH,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of our hotel. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us, I have however shared your feedback with my Food & Beverage Manager so that we can look to improve the experience for future guests.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights and the staff were super friendly and food was good. But room and gym very tired, needs a refresh and spruce.

Aircon was on a mission to keep me awake all night.. so had to sleep with windows open which caused doors to rattle all night long.. deep joy.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank midlifemike01

Dear midlifemike01,

Reviewed September 22, 2017

Our stay was very pleasant. Natasha at the front desk was very helpful in trying to find a room that would best fit our needs, including a chair using a wheelchair. The hotel was very close to the work location I needed to visit, but a bit far off from the center of town, so seems like it mostly caters to business people. But it was a very pleasant and nice stay, will definitely stay again if I'm in the area.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear mehlerak,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of our hotel. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and Natasha was able to assit you.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife prior to my friend's wedding. He recommended it and I had no knowledge of the brand.

The area did not look appealing. The parking charge was £5. Those are the negatives. The actual stay was really good. The room was lovely but there was a big hanging cobweb above the bed (another negative I suppose! ) but we're used to these living in the country.

The welcome was very good and I like the complementary cookie. The restaurant was very good value and exceptional quality for for the price.

Overall a great stay and I'd use it again any time. A really positive experience, not given a 5 rating due to the above. Stay here though!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DTCoventryGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Dear Matt B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of our hotel. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us, I have however shared your feedback with my team so that we can look to improve the experience for future guests.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.