“lovely meal”

Bella Italia Coventry
Ranked #119 of 580 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Based in the swanky Belgrade Plaza development in Coventry, Bella Italia is a hot favourite for affordable Italian dining. This ultra swish residential and commercial development has become quite a destination within Coventry and Bella Italia boast a prime position. As for the menu, tuck into delicious salads such as the classic Caesar salad or the red pepper and vegetables topped pizza. Pasta dishes are excellent, particularly the Polpette Americano (beef and pork meatballs with a rich tomato sauce served atop a bed of spaghetti). Wash everything down with a glass of Italian red, rosé or white or perhaps a non alcoholic San Pellegrino (lemon and blood orange).
Loughborough
“lovely meal”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We visited this bella italia before attending a show at the belgrade theatre on saturday, we hadn't booked but got there quite early so I don't think it was a problem. This was actually the first time i had visited a bella italia and I was pleasently surprised. Service was friendly, our server informative and the food was very good. The only slight downside was that as the restaurant filled up the service did get slower and I'm not sure there was actually enough staff to cope when the restaurant was full but apart from that it was very good.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank mossop10

• Polish first
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, England, United Kingdom
“Pre Theatre Meal”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We went there after eating in a Bella in Blackpool the night before.
The staff were fine but our meals were cold and we had to send them back.
I enjoyed my meatballs, the wife didnt enjoy her lamb agnello. I tried it and was ok but not brill.
the room was cold as the door opens into the whole room and i had a draught on my back.

The waiter was thoughtful after seeing the agnello half eaten. He brought a pudding out on the house. We had to wait ages to pay.

A very average place, would try somewhere else next time.

ireland
“it went from 10/10 to 4/10 over night”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I eat the on Saturday night last. The place was packed and we had to wait about 10 min for a table. Staff were very welcoming and the atmosphere was fun. food was delicious and fast services. waiting staff were joking and laughing with all the customers and it was a delight to be in their presence. couldn't wait to eat there the next night but what a let down. different staff who were bordering on rude. sulky and seemed to think they were over worked although the place wast half full. food took ages to arrive and was cold when it got to the table. i waited 10 min for my glass of wine which i could see left on a tray at the bar but waiter couldn't be bothered to bring it to the table. it was warm by the time i got it so had to ask for ice. was not impressed. had to believe we were in the same venue as the night before. I would eat there again but i would be checking to see who was working before hand. such a pity after the great night on sat to have it ruined on Sunday night

Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dont spoil your evening”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We went ot thsi restaurant recently to celebrate our son's third birthday. Right form the word go things went wrng and very ealry in to the evening we could see its going to turn out to be a nightmare so we thought just to get through it - but they didnt make it easy. Unfrinedly staff, esp the bar tender, poor quality ingredients, tired looking dressings, poor presentation, warm beer, flat coke, burnt medium stake (I could taste the charcoal), incomplete order, child pizza extremely dry...I could carry on. o top it all, an incorrect bill with excessive charges!!

Coventry, England, United Kingdom
“Overpriced very average food”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

For a chain restaurant I'm not sure how this keeps going as some of its competitors offer much better value for money. Food is very average and presentation is poor. Service is average although staff are friendly.

Visited October 2013