“Good food, good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bella Italia Coventry
Ranked #146 of 564 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Based in the swanky Belgrade Plaza development in Coventry, Bella Italia is a hot favourite for affordable Italian dining. This ultra swish residential and commercial development has become quite a destination within Coventry and Bella Italia boast a prime position. As for the menu, tuck into delicious salads such as the classic Caesar salad or the red pepper and vegetables topped pizza. Pasta dishes are excellent, particularly the Polpette Americano (beef and pork meatballs with a rich tomato sauce served atop a bed of spaghetti). Wash everything down with a glass of Italian red, rosé or white or perhaps a non alcoholic San Pellegrino (lemon and blood orange).
Dover, United Kingdom
“Good food, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Having walked around the whole city searching for somewhere to eat we found Bella Italia. We started off outside but they as they couldn't turn the lights on we ended up inside! I couldn't decide what to eat and the new chicken, Parma ham and mozerella burger was recommended to me and wow!! It was lovely. Service was slow and having decided to have dessert we did due to it taking ages for the waitress to come back to us. Good food, good value, ok service

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
Midlands
“Why do I Keep Going?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Firstly I want to make the point that I have been to a number of Bella Italia restaurants and am usually very happy with the service I receive and the standard of food provided and so the negative comments I am about to make relate only to the Coventry branch.

I have been to this Bella a number of times since it opened both for a meal out with my husband and with various friends and whilst not the best restaurant experience I have had, I couldn't have said that it was particularly poor.

This year I have been 3 times, once with a single friend, once as a group of 4 and once as a group of 3. As previous experiences had been ok, I was happy to go along with that as a choice by my friend when just the 2 of us went out earlier in the year. My experience on that occasion was that the restaurant was absolutely freezing and the service very slow, although the venue was over three quarters empty. They showed No interest in us after we finished our main courses, not even asking if we wanted a dessert or coffee. In the end we asked for coffee ourselves, as we were so cold and wanted something to warm us up before we went home.

The 2nd time I went was in a group of 4 and again the venue was chosen by friends. On this occasion the restaurant was busier but the service was much better but the problem on this occasion was that 2 of the items we ordered as a group were not available. One was because they did not have a simple basic like a banana, the other was due to the fact that the menu had not been updated to show the item was no longer available on a permanent basis.

My 3rd visit was last night, there were 3 of us, again the venue was the choice of my friends. The restaurant was a complete and utter nightmare. There were 2 fairly large groups and one in particular were the typical "! can't remember what I ordered" type when their food arrived and so everything too 3 times as long. We could hardly hear what each other was saying due to the excessive noise they were making and that in itself spoilt my night but I appreciate they were reasonably good for business and I wouldn't really have expected the staff to ask them to be quiet. However large group on not, that does not excuse the service we got. Again whilst I accept that the waitress did apologise for the delay in taking our food order, we had already experienced a substantial delay in getting our drinks, then had a further lengthy delay for our starters. The main course arrived in good time but mine was completely cold, whereas I could see steam coming off both the dishes my friends had. Due to the noise we decided against dessert or coffee and just paid up and left. I am unlikely to be returning!!

I am giving the food a poor rating to reflect the fact that 2 of the 3 starters were good and 2 of the 3 main courses were good. From the taste of my pasta, I know if would have been good if hot!! Value is also marked down due to food quality, if all had been ok it would have been higher.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank yellowhippo
Baku, Baki, Azerbaijan
“True Italian feel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Went with friends to celebrate our graduation, it was my 1st visit at this place. My first experience was really good about the restaurant. Nice place to spend time with friends and family, and helpful staff. Very nice and warm interior design, with old Italian and English traditions.

• Visited June 2013
“Diabolical”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went to this sham of a restaurant last night and it was the worst place I have ever been, arrived at 6 and didn't leave until 9 as the waiter had no interest in taking any orders whatsoever, we were shown to our table by the woman in charge pointed at our table rather than showing us to it and we were left for around 20 minutes before the menus arrived, the place was packed and others were leaving as they weren't getting served either, even a free bottle of wine couldn't tempt them to stay, if it wasn't for the club card vouchers we would have left and went elsewhere like everyone else, never again!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Vood0o
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Very Good - even when busy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Visited this restaurant tonight and was really worried about service when I arrived as it was so busy, 6pm on a Saturday evening. However, Very pleasantly surprised. Service was brilliant. Waiter very attentive. Menu very varied. Kids and Mum and Dad left very happy. Well done, a very good evening with very good food.

• Visited June 2013