“Italian Cuisine”

Bella Italia Coventry
Ranked #242 of 589 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Based in the swanky Belgrade Plaza development in Coventry, Bella Italia is a hot favourite for affordable Italian dining. This ultra swish residential and commercial development has become quite a destination within Coventry and Bella Italia boast a prime position. As for the menu, tuck into delicious salads such as the classic Caesar salad or the red pepper and vegetables topped pizza. Pasta dishes are excellent, particularly the Polpette Americano (beef and pork meatballs with a rich tomato sauce served atop a bed of spaghetti). Wash everything down with a glass of Italian red, rosé or white or perhaps a non alcoholic San Pellegrino (lemon and blood orange).
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Me and my girlfriend visited here not long ago, we had a decent meal. Starters, main course and then pudding. The starters were average, but far too much oil was used. The mains were average for the price paid. The deserts were splendid, I really really enjoyed mine, I had the "Godfather Banana" terrific but once again expensive.

Overall a decent night out even if it was a bit pricey. Defo worth a visit on your travels!

1  Thank Zakerias

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Myself and 3 girlfriends booked for a 'girly' catch up on a Friday evening at 8.00

The restaurant was busy as you might expect in a city not particularly noted for its gastronomy. (I'm not knocking Coventry I'm a Coventry kid)

Service was quick and friendly, drinks arrived promptly and none of us had any complaints about the food. I had a lamb pasta dish which was very good.

The bill for 4 of us came to around £25 each - that included 2 bottles of wine, mains and a couple of puddings and a coffee. We thought that was good value given the quality of the food.

OK it's a big chain type place and you don't really expect anything very special but in fact, we really enjoyed our meal.

Thank you to the young and friendly staff!

Tip: this restaurant is right next to one of the safest car parks in the UK - something to consider when venturing out into the city centre at night, particularly if you're a lone female.

The 'girls' and I will go back happily.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were a bit worried about booking this restaurant because of some of the reviews but we were going to the theatre next door with elderly parents who don't need to be walking far so we took a chance. It was very busy but the staff still had time to be friendly and attentive. The food was great, we had two different starters and four mains and all were enjoyed, together with the wine! Service wasn't the fastest but the restaurant was completely full so they did a good job under the circumstances, and we would certainly return.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stopped off here last night with a couple of friends from a local university for a quick catch up. The ambience of this restaurant is great - a real buzz around.

The food was appropriate in portion size and realy tasty. The staff were attentive and helpful throughout the evening.

Price wise - fairly reasonable.

I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Normal business trip 'somewhere to eat', but it was actually a bit better than that. I am somewhat fussy, I chose Pizza which they made exactly as I asked. £15 with a large glass of red. Recommended, not too many decent places in Coventry.