“Great Idea But poor Service And Food”
Review of Signatures - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Signatures
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We thought this would be a great idea, have a quick meal at the B4 Grill before the start of the Saturday night Motown evening, well we arrived at 6:45pm show starts at 7:45pm plenty of time.. so you would have thought, I'm afraid not. The atmosphere was great and we managed to find an end table for two of us I placed the order and was served drinks after queuing at 6.57 with a barman more interested in juggling than serving, however we sat and waited for our sharing tempura mixed vegetables and a fish burger and fish cakes mains. 7.20 arrived and at least the guy cleaning the tables said he would chase up the service, well you know something is up when he re-appears to confirm what we had ordered, he was helpful at least, so we had our starters which were OK at 7.25pm, followed at 7.35 by the main course. I will admit that as a tex mex themed restaurant we should have gone with that option but we did fancy the fish on the night and how disappointed were we?, basically it was the same fish patty with both meals but with mine in a bap, it was full of grease amazingly it was overdone and hard on the bottom and to cap it all we had to rush. Value for money no, would I be tempted again possibly if I arrived at 6pm but I wont be going back in a hurry. Ps It was not only us with the service whilst sitting there waiting, there was 2 wrong meals delivered and the barman had forgotten to fetch a couple of bottles of Peroni for someone.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Visited the new B4 restaurant up stairs on a Saturday evening while Mousetrap was on. The theatre was fully booked and so was the restaurant . It had great atmosphere. We had pre ordered our meals and they were served very prompted. The beef burgers were homemade and the pulled pork burger to die for! Everything was well presented and it was nice to see something different on a menu. The prices were very reasonable. I did suggest on their comments card that a few more desserts could be on the menu. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Daughter & I went to see Kindertransport and had quick meal preshow. Bit of a queue to order the food but came very quickly. Excellent quantity size - I had "No Bull Chilli" a 5 bean chilli served on a bed of Mexican style rice, topped with salsa, sour cream & guacamole. £7.95 and daughter had Fish Burger - Homemade fish patty served on wheat bun with lettuce & tartare sauce £7.95. Would go again but wish had a little more atmosphere and need a make over - need some comfy sofas and coffee tables and not sure about the brown tables and black backdrop.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Having bought some last minute theatre tickets we noted that the restaurant at the Belgrade theatre had been relaunched as B4 offering tex mex style of food. We arrived at 6:15 and was greeted by a distinct lack of staff and atmosphere. We found a table and waited for a waiter before we worked out that we needed to order at the bar. When we ordered we were asked if we wanted our starters first ?????? The restaurant looked exactly the same as our last visit 4 years ago when they were offering a French menu and if I recall correctly it was soulless then. After a short wait the starters arrived which were passable. The mains arrived which were ok. We then heard an announcement that the show was about to start, it was now 7:40! We were then asked if we wanted desert or coffee which we would have to order and consume in less than 5 minutes.
When you visit restaurants in theatre land in London they have excellent menus and are geared up to efficient service with a good throughput of diners. Why oh why can't the Belgrade learn from this. Playing Mexican music and offering a TexMex menu doesn't cut it. Slow service doesn't cut it.
Please take a look at other restaurants and take a cue from them as you need to offer the complete package , when you book at Cafe Rouge, Pizza Express, Bella Italia they have their own identity and are aware of the time constraint. You have a captive audience and an opportunity to achieve great things but do not seem to realise. It. The restaurant was only a third full! Doesn't that tell you something.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were enticed by Signatures new prices (what a mistake).It was really cheap and the standards matched. It was fairly busy and we ordered our food. I had a jacket potato with chilli, my partner had a bacon and brie panini and my kids had sandwiches from the fridge. Now for the price I didn't expect much, we literally just wanted something to eat quickly. It was very quick and the guy with short blonde hair was an absolute delight. There was a little bit of a wait which I could understand due to the business of the place. A woman with dark hair bought our food over which felt like she threw it at our table, she didn't speak, didn't smile, nothing. We let it pass as I it was busy although she could of tried harder.

Now the quality:
My kids sandwiches were vile, they didn't want to eat it. The bread was dry, the cheese tasted gone off, there was no butter on the bread. I mean really? I know it's only £1 something but butter would be appreciated. My jacket potato was cooked at least, the chilli was luke warm and gooey the beef was like lumps of flour. It was completely tasteless. I've bought value tinned chilli and that tasted better. My partners panini was little burnt on top with cold bacon and brie in the middle, I knew it was busy but we'd rather of waited longer for better food. I got another drink and expressed my views with the blonde guy, he was friendly and empathetic and offered us a replacement I declined because we ate all of the food anyway but I accepted his apology. I understand it maybe hard to get business with the likes of cafe rouge and bella italia but this is not the way around it.

As we were treated nicely by the waiter we considered giving it a second chance and booking in the restaurant for christmas time as we pre-booked tickets for this years panto. But after discussing my experience with a friend she later told me about someone she knew who was treated terribly by the owner of the catering, I wont go into detail as it's quite a personal thing but I was completely disgusted about what I heard. It was so vile I considered getting a refund for the tickets and going to the hippodrome instead but my kids really want to see Jack and the Beanstalk.

It's a shame the Belgrade is such a nice theatre and yet it has the likes of Signatures running it's catering.

Never again shall I attend the Belgrade theatre put it that way.