“closest to Rome you will get!”

Ristorante Da Vinci
Ranked #25 of 577 Restaurants in Coventry
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“closest to Rome you will get!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

A restaurant for special occasions. Not cheap, but you certainly get what your paying for. Worth every penny.! If you like Italian food in my opinion this is one of the best places in Coventry/ Warwickshire/ Leamington/ Kenilworth. If not the best.
Beautiful inside, lovely ambiance, don't let the location put you off. Not the nicest of views from the window ( a newsagents) but once inside you forget about the outside.
The staff are excellent!!!! Attentive, but not over the top. Helpful and polite. They made us feel comfortable.
I had a gnocchi with pesto starter, my husband had the parmesan and beef shavings. Both of which were excellent. I had pasta with spinach and ricotta and my husband had the fillet steak for main. Cooked to perfection.!! ! The pasta was perfect. If you have visited Italy you will have an appreciation of perfect pasta and the flavours of the sauces. This was on par with restaurants in Rome ! Fresh flavours, fresh herbs, fresh pasta and a very talented chef. The steak was very big, and just melted in your mouth, with the goats cheese it was a match made in heaven.

I think you can tell we both enjoyed our meals!! Can not complain about anything. A suggestion would have been to write the specials down, we were told what they were and each dish explained, each dish sounded as mouth watering as the next ! but by the end and after looking at the menu I could not remember what they were. ( I might have missed a board where they were written) but I could not see one. But there was plenty I wanted to try off the menu anyway .

For 3 courses and a bottle of wine you will not get change from £110 quid but as a special occasion restaurant , if you appreciate proper Italian cuisine, I would very highly recommend! Can not wait to go back again. Would go back with my husband/ group of friends or for business. Will stick to taking the children to Bella Italia or ASK.
More of a couples place over all I think :-)

2 Thank Lauratyler25

• Polish first
Lichfield, UK
“Sensationally good meal!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Wondeful meal here last night (Saturday)! Booked by ‘phone and were given clear, MOST helpful advice, re parking :) !
Bread and olives brought to us; the very tastiest bread I’ve had in a long time :) ! My starter was Trofie Modo Nostro; never had this pasta before; I can hardly begin to describe the wonderful, delicate flavours. For mains, I chose Brasciola Rosettata; also utterly delicious. Contorni were excellent, too, as were Jim’s Funghi del Bosco and Filetto di Bue Con Formaggio di Capra.
No room for pud :( ! Not cheap (£95 for the two of us, two courses, no pud and a litre of House Red … but there again we do love our fillet steaks!) but oh we got what we paid for. Lovely ambience; excellent service (attentive and welcoming without being too fussy) Enjoyed hearing Italian spoken :) ! So look forward to returning! Thank you!!

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Go when it is not busy”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Visited the restaurant yesterday with husband and friends. My husband's starter of prawns and main of lamb was excellent. My pasta with wild mushrooms was nice but a bit on the rubbery side. I had to ask 3 times for water for the table. We must have had about 3 different waitresses. Which I never think is a good idea!!! 4 puddings were ordered and only 2 came. By this time I was getting fed up and just wanted to leave. This review is not totally negative as my husband absolutely loved his meal. The restaurant is not a patch on the best Italian we have ever eaten at, Delrios in York.

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Nice but noisy...”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Went here on 15th feb with the mrs after being here before a few months ago with work.

The place was packed so service was a little slow. There was a bit of a disgruntled customer so he was making a bit of a racket, the boss dealt with it well and fairly quickly.

I love my scallops and I had the fillet with goats cheese. My fiancée had chicken livers which were or very nice but I think that's just because chicken liver is rank even when cooked well. She had a lovely chicken dish as a main.

All in all a nice evening tad expensive but not over priced.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Best Italian around!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My mum and I were heading to the warwick Arts Centre, and decided to go to this Italian based on the fab reviews it had. They are all justified!! We were warmly greeted by Carmello (a genuine Italian). All the staff were very good, and we were well looked after. We had gnocchi and the garlic chicken, it was just divine. Definatly a recommend.

• Visited February 2014