1,461 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

I travel a lot with my job and up until now have had great experiences. This hotel .. If you can call it that is dire! Firstly, I couldn't find the car park so called up- no help so after an hour of driving around I finally got to check in. The receptionist was less than friendly but I got my key and went to my room. I felt like crying it was dirty and the carpets were threadbare. No wifi or facilities apart from a kettle, trouser press and small Tv on a table. I cannot describe how the whole experience has made me feel I kept my socks on so as not to have to put my feet on the floor. I opted to add breakfast - big mistake as my coffee cup was stained and it was virtually inedible. My company were charged the same as when I stay in the Jury's or Premier Inn which are fantastic. This hotel needs investment and some staff training. In summary a I would rather have stayed in a student house.. Cleaner and wouldn't rip me off. I will be reporting it to my Company as no one deserves that! DON'T BOOK!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

Myself and friends needed somewhere to stay at short notice as we were staying over in Cov for a couple of nights. Rooms were basic, clean and tidy.
There were a lot of people making noise at about 3am. The walls were paper thin.
We didnt have breakfast so cant comment.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

The title of my post says it all. It was a terrible experience and has put me off staying in hotels with which I am not familiar.

On arrival, hotel staff were polite and helpful. However, the lobby smelt strongly of cigarette smoke and it was clear throughout my stay that the smoking ban was not upheld within the premises.

The lift was initially broken so I had to lug my bags up about 4 flights of stairs.

On entering the room I was shocked by the foul stench of faeces...so much so that I queried whether someone had pooped somewhere outside of the bathroom. Unfortunately it was just the plumbing.

I locked the door and noted that the safety chain had previously been ripped off the door. This didn't fill me with much hope.

The decor was dated and the room felt unclean, so I decided to head down to the restaurant for some dinner.

The restaurant (Bentleys) seemed to have a dress code of tracksuit and flat cap, so I did feel slightly out of place. The tables were sticky. I placed my order and the food arrived (cold sausage roll on a bed of salad to start and tinned potato and fish fingers for the main). Half way through picking through my meal I asked where my drink was. The waiter explained that he had nothing to do with drinks and that you actually have to go to a separate bar, in another room to get a drink. It would have been good if he had said this as I placed my drink order, so that I could have drowned my sorrows more easily.

I retired to my room and was going to have a shower. However, the bathroom floor was so utterly filthy I didn't feel that I could take me shoes off. The carpet was equally sticky. I attempted to get into bed but there were several flies under the duvet; goodness knows how they had got there. To add insult to injury, there was a non-locking adjoining door to another room, and a chap poked his head round the door saying he thought the room was empty. I therefore had to drag a large desk in front of the door.

I did discover that the window opened so far that I could happily have thrown myself onto the tarmac below to relieve my misery. However, I thought better of it as I needed to write this review...

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
5  Thank Harriet T
Reviewed November 2, 2017

You have to leave your bedroom and ask for the wifi code
There's no room service or advice on how to use the phone to contact reception
They cannot deliver orange juice and a croissant to your room on time, even after you complain that it's late, it doesn't turn up.
The hair/body was in the bathroom is empty - so hopefully you brought your own. If not, tough luck.
Poor reception when I arrived - rushed through with no idea of where I was going, where food was or even if and how I paid.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank MissMalone82
Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I checked into the Coventry hotel last night. I was shocked to be advised by the member of staff on the desk that the room was only for 2 people and that I was not to have more than 2 people in the room. I’m not sure what he thought I was going to do, but I have never been so insulted! My partner and I had had a long hard day and we were due to be up early this morning and we just wanted to get a good night’s sleep. I have never been treated this way in an hotel before and I certainly won’t be using Britannia hotels in the future or recommending them to my friends and family.

Stayed: November 2017