1,461 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 13, 2017

Stayed here on a Saturday night in the middle of September. We were on a mystery trip, which was Stratford & the Cotswolds. I read the reviews on the hotel, and was extremely nervous as to where we were spending the night. Yes, the hotel was dated, but was in a central location and our whole experience at the hotel was more than satisfactory.
Check in was smooth, considering there was a coach trip full. our room was dated,but clean and comfortable.
The restaurant had a lovely ambience and the meal was tasty, with a varied selection. After evening meal we had a drink in the bar, which was fab, under £10 for a bottle of wine. There was even a quiz and a disco. The lovely lady and gent who were the entertainers, were top class, lovely people who totally enhanced our stay.
Breakfast was also tasty and plentiful. Could not fault it.
Overall I have posted this review because people are keen to state the negative, as opposed to praising the positive. It's not a 5 star by far, but I would not hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie J
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Not a hotel that I would choose or book myself but for the 1 night stay bb it was ok.
Centrally located 3 mins to the Cathedral . Shabby outside and very dated inside . Room was spacious and had tea and coffee making facilities .
Bedding clean and extra pillows. Room hot but opened windows . ( noisy from outside about 1pm ) bathroom bath with overhead shower. Plenty of hot water . Shower fine. Dated . Clean as far as possible in room that was dated and tired Some stains etc on carpet. Curtains looked shabby.
Breakfast fine. Tinned fruit . Grapefruit and fresh melon.
Cereals . Hot breakfast bacon eggs fried and scrambled sausage poor cakes beans 21st etch tea cover juice toast. We all agreed it was Hotel ok for the occasion .

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Visited this hotel whilst on a national holidays weekend break. The outside of the hotel transported me to the that great 80s dystopian movie ‘escape from New York’ .. except this was Coventry and there was no escape.
After we was checked in by our Bernard Manning coach driver we was quickly up to our room. Whilst the room was large , it was lacking certain things .. like electrical sockets and a good clean. The tv was a small 18 inch TV set on a small stand on the floor that stood some 6 inch’s below the height of the bed, the only way to watch this was by hanging yourself halfway out of the bed.
The bathroom was large and came with large mirror the had been artfully decorated in toothpaste from a electric toothbrush from the previous guest. The windows were equipped with nets and draw curtains, but these were neither needed at the dirt and grime did a much better job.
Entering the hotels Bentleys restaurant, I thought maybe this hotel was going for a 80s movies/TVs nostalgia feel , as it immediately reminded me of the restaurant from faulty Towers. The meal we choose from the three options was a good few slices of dry ham that yellow gunk on it that I’m told was honey glaze . Some frozen broccoli, chopped squares of swede , the like I haven’t had since my school dinners. And some roast potatoes ( not too bad ) also some dry sliced bread, luckily when we sat at the table the knife still had some old butter on it , so at least they had realised the bread was dry and pre buttered the knifes for us . Along with this gourmet delight I had the choice of a glass of water , apple juice or orange juice. I chose apple, what came out o the machine reminded me of a sample I would see carers carrying around the old people’s home I once worked in, also it didn’t taste of apple.
To be fair had a good evening out with friends in Coventry, and due to the alcohol slept quite well.
In the morning I was dreading going to breakfast, and was quite prepared to go looking in town for something. But I popped in to basils restaurant and was happily surprised to see the the full English breakfast buffet looked good and believe it or not tasted better, hence the the 2 out 5 rating!!!
Can’t really recommend this place unless your looking for some 80s throwback , nostalgia type stay.
JP

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John P
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Great value, large bath, great price and very close to the Cathedral, car museum and railway station. Coventry is up for the European City of Culture, so the surrounding area is becoming very trendy. I was born in Coventry but have lived in London over 30 years, I generally stay here when visiting my family as I like my space.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Carol M
Reviewed October 2, 2017

The hotel is a little dated but was ok for an overnight stay. Location is great, a visit to the cathedral round the corner worth a visit. Room was warm with tea and coffe, very good choice of food at breakfast. The room was clean, a downside was the girls in the room next to us coming in at 4.30am, then argueing for a full hour, walls a bit thin. Paid £86 for a family room with breakfast, which I think is the right price for the hotel

Stayed: October 2017