1,461 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 27, 2017

It was with some trepidation that I booked this room for a one night stay in Coventry City Centre , I was aware of the reputation and reviews however we found that room 437 was OK for the price £47 for 1 night . Yes the carpet was worn out in places , the grouting discoloured , the bath fittings tired but the sheets were clean and of acceptable quality , the room a good size , all surfaces clean and there was a kettle with ample supply of coffee tea and uht milk .The bath and sink were old but clean . Disturbingly the loo was slow to refill but there was a sign warning of this .The hotel has hardly even modernised since the 1970s and is showing its age but for a bed for the night it is fine .

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

We checked in on 26th August in the evening after visiting a friend in Rugby. When we arrived we were first given a twin room which we didn't ask for as we were a couple we expected a double bed. However went down to reception where they gave us a double room. On arrival to the room the hotel was noticeable very dated and the rooms were just as bad. Our so called double bed was no bigger than a single bed. I checked the room over and just didn't feel comfortable the standard was off putting. The pillows were stained with yellow marks and seemed really old with no pillow protectors on which made my skin crawl. I sat on the bed wandering what to do but thought I'd given it the benefit of the doubt. I got into bed and the bed was like a slab of concrete plus the noise coming from surrounding rooms was just horrendous. I quickly got dressed went to reception and checked out I physically couldn't stay there no more. The receptionist Lance was polite about the situation I also explained I was healthy pregnant and just didn't feel the hotel was up to scratch. Lance gave me details on how to get a refund which I will be sorting out. I just felt like this hotel was used for people with one nightstands and for people who didn't give a damn where they slept for the night. I however like a nice good clean hotel with a decent nights sleep. I literally wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone I honestly thought it was terrible.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Natasha S
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as part of a coach tour and thank god it was only for one night. The outside is awful and it's a real eyesore on what I found to be a lovely city. The lobby looks real nice but that's probably the only nice area really, once you get off the elevator your greeted with old stained carpets and once you get in the rooms it only gets worse. The rooms look like they probably looked great in the 70s but hasn't been updated or cleaned much since. The pluming in the hotel is seriously bad, the loo in our room wouldn't flush properly and taking a shower was a nightmare. One girl on our trip was burned due to the shower, it can suddenly go from freezing cold to scalding hot in seconds. The beds are hard and the sheets are old and cheap, the noise from the traffic outside makes sleep impossible. The breakfast wasn't too bad but the dining room was dated and the chairs in some disrepair. Thank god it was only one night and we didn't get hurt from staying there but I really couldn't recommend anyone staying there.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

A 50/50 hotel in my opinion.
The Bad......the room was below par, with a large stain on the carpet, a very small shower meaning the curtain was sticking to us as we showered, and given a twin when we booked as a couple.
The Good..... The downstairs was nice and plush, the breakfast area was very pleasant, and the buffet breakfast was pretty good.
Liked the style and look of the downstairs but the rooms let it down big time.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

The decor is a bit of a seventies time warp, and wifi coverage is patchy. I wouldn't recommend the breakfast - hot food was lukewarm and had clearly been there for some time.

Location is good, and it's quite cheap. You get what you pay for, but if you just want a bed for the night like we did, it's ok.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends