“stay well clear”

Ranked #38 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“stay well clear”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

this is the firs time ive ever written a review so here we go, shower not working and full of muck room needed paint and a good clean, breakfast a joke continental breakfast bowl of cereal and cup of coffee, could not get an english breakfast even though its was advertised, smoke alarm in room covered with plastic bag i assume thats what you call a smoking room, would not recommend to anyone stay well away you have been warned

Room Tip: don`t go there go somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank David K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Poo stains on the toilet, dirty carpet, stained walls, heating system doesn't work, dirty covers, dirty bathtub. We were charged £59 for a very dirty and old room, management at this hotel need to fix up!

Health and safety inspectors should close this place down

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Touristadvi
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

The only thing to say is DO NOT STAY HERE !! Even if it is only £30 a night, the hotel is horrible, the corridors smell of dampness, the room is even worse.. the shower did not work, there was dust all over the desk, the decor is ridiculously out of date and the whole room smells of dampness, mouldiness on the ceiling.. the list could go on !! Absolutely avoid this at all costs, spend a bit more money and get a hotel that can be classed as that !!

Room Tip: Anywhere but here !!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank joeySAFC
Durham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

How on earth has this hotel achieved a three star rating may i ask first of all???? How on earth is booking.com promoting this germ ridden hell hole? We arrived and were dissapointed with the appearance of the hotel instantly. The reception guy had no record at all of our online booking and asked us to have a seat while he sorted it out. We were needing the toilet, the three of us. My Wife, Two year old daughter and myself. My Wife first of all complained of the toilets so i went and investigated myself in the gents. They were like pub toilets, not really clean with no soap or hand towels in the dispenser. Back to the "waiting area" i went to rejoin my family. Just looking around in that area alone told one hell of a tale and put thoughts in my head straight away. Shabby out of date decor, dust on window ledges which had'nt been dusted in ages and stained carpets. We were then told he had found our booking and we were allocated room 38. We were then told to wait a couple of minutes which we thought were for last minute preparations. How wrong were we. The trip to the the room alone was nothing short of a trip to hell with damp, musty smell all the way. Flaking wallpaper, stained, unhoovered carpets, stained walls and dingy lighting. We opened the door to room 38 and were greeted with such delights as a turquoise bathroom suite which looked like the70's, mould around the bath, chipped enamel on bath, mould on ceiling, dirty toilet pan and sink. there was a big gouge out of the wall on entry, shabby curtains, stained, unclean carpets and bedding. To top it all off was the sheer stench of the place. Stale tab smoke, damp and darn right uncleansiness. We did not even put our bags down and both said we are not staying here. We then went downstairs to reception and demanded our money back. We were then offered an "Executive room" !!!!!! God help that if room 38 was anything to go by!!! How on earth has this hell hole got a three star rating???????? How on earth are these money grabbing idiots still in business????? How on earth is booking.com promoting this germ ridden hell hole????? Why has this place not been inspected and closed down?? The bad ratings on booking.com alone (over 300) should say it all let alone the ones on here? In a nutshell. absolutely disgusting, a health hazard, overpriced by a long way. People like this should not be serving the public let alone providing accomodation of a shockingly poor standard like this. Where is a hotel inspector when you need one to quite simply protect the public. Not recommended at all. Do not stay in this horrible, disgusting place at any price. Hang you heads in absolute shame "LOWLANDS HOTEL"! You are a disgrace!

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel and you will be fine!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Simon F
York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Company had booked me into this hotel due to closeness of work. Disaster, how can this place call itself an hotel. Too late to check out, so decided to look into tripadvisor about the hotel, what has been submitted there is all correct. Basically the enviromental health need to be contacted.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Robert S
Coventry, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I wouldnt even give this place 1 star out of 5. I knew it wasnt going to be amazing for £30 but I realy didnt expect this. Im currently sitting in an execitive room and the first thing I saw was a dead cricket on the desk (where did it even come from because you dont even get bright green crickets here!!). At first I thought it was alive but after blowing on it a few times and it not moving I declared it dead.
I had to wait a 5 mins for the room to be cleaned when I was checking in at 3pm, but it seems like thats the amount of time they spent actually cleaning the room. theres dead bugs on the desk, the toilet still has feaces in it (the train stations tiolets are much nicer and cleaner).
I am dredding needing the toilet because I dont want to go anywhere near it, and I can say the same for the shower aswell!
I wish I had read reviews before staying here but I had 10 mins to book a place to stay and I ended up with this because it was one of the cheaper hotels.
In conclusion I must tell you to AVOID AVOID AVOID this place!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank casablancax
Durham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

My wife and mother-in-law stayed here in early July. Dirty rooms, TV didn't work, problems with plumbing.
Staff most unhelpful. Had paid for full breakfast but only continental available - no staff around, tea stewed. Was promised refund but hasn't materialised yet. Pursuing case to bitter end as matter of principle. Do not believe anything staff say is my advice. Better still, don't give them a chance to say anything by simply not staying there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends