Macdonald Ansty Hall
$93
$78
$52
$44
The Jacobean Hotel(Coventry)(Great Value!)
$50
$68
PremierInn.com
$69
PremierInn.com
1,315 results
All reviewsthe main houselovely hotelwedding venuerelaxing stayblack puddingwedding breakfastrestaurant managerbar pricesexecutive roomlovely roomweekend breakwedding receptionbreakfast was excellentevening mealafternoon teafull englishone night stay
Reviewed April 18, 2009

Stayed here one night on business as a lastminute saving meant that stay cost only £4 more than the nearby Premier Travel inn.

Good efficient and friendly reception - Stayed in stables block which was clean and room was very functional and comfortable. Wi-fi at the hotel is T-mobile only which is handy (but I guess only if you're already a T-mobile Hot-zone customer!). My colleagues who have previously stayed in the main house say that the stables are much better (less chintzy)

My only concern would be in the summer; there's no air-con in the rooms (that I could see) so unless there is central air I can imagine them being quite hot. As my room was ground floor my window only opened slightly, but annoying didn't remain open so had to be wedged - it did rattle a bit in the wind overnight too which woke me up a couple of times.

The big wow factor for me was the shower - absolutely stunning - really strong pressure and a great size. Pub up the road is very good with huge food menu, but do book if you want to guarantee a table as it was busy (even on a quiet week night).

All in a very nice hotel for the price I paid and definitely worth the money - but any more than £100 per night and I'd probably go for the Holiday inn 5 mins up the road.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2009

Stayed for one night to break up a 4 hour journey for my children, also wanted to shop in Birmingham on the way home. Location was good, not far from motorway but nice and quiet. Receptionist not exactly welcoming and had no record of my booking but found us a room. The room was attractive but could've been cleaner. There were cobwebs on the ceiling and a dirty teaspoon. The extra pillows in the wardrobe were sticky to touch. Dinner was not served until 7 which was a bit too late for my tired 3 year old. The food was ok, some overcooked. Breakfast was nice, cooked breakfast prepared to order so very fresh and piping hot. The sausages were particularly nice. Mixed feelings about this place, not all bad but needs to improve considerably before I'd think about staying again. Not really family friendly and no leisure facilities, more suited to older couples in my opinion.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank newadventurerWirral
Reviewed March 30, 2009

I read the previous reviews and was looking forward to a peaceful stay in a country hotel. I am generally a customer who is easily pleased so was expecting a lovely hotel . What we got was woken up at 11.15pm (change to British Summer time means that this was the equivilent to 12.15pm and had gone to bed hour early to allow for change) by a disco starting up in the function room metres from our bedroom with music so loud that it could not even be drowned out by putting the TV on and rattled the windows. We complained to the duty manager at 11.40pm who advised that he could move us to the "quiet" side of the hotel but that the disco would be stopping in 40mins. We understood that a move would mean getting dressed, packing our belongings and walking to the opposite side of the hotel. Not something anyone wants to contemplate when half asleep. We also understood that the music would be turned down as it was being played at ear drum damaging levels. The disco did not stop until 12.45am (or 1.45 with the hr change) and by this time my husband had got up, dressed and went to speak with the duty manager in person. Then came the removal of the disco equipment directly under our hotel window until 2.30am. Night Management were mocking and dismissive and thought that the offer to move us in the middle of the night was more than enough. We apparently should not have been placed in that room and apparently we should have been told about the function. We were not. Customer service was the worst ever encountered at any hotel in any country in the world. . My husband and I travel alot. Not what you would expect from a 4* hotel in the country. They simply could not have cared less. We both woke up exhaused and were consequently very late for the event we were attending.

The matter remained unresolved the following morning - with no Manager in the hotel to deal with the complaint. A senior member of housekeeping tried to deal with matters but did not appear to have the authority to address all the issues. On the plus side the room was lovely and we were enjoying our experience until 11.15pm. The food in the resturant was very enjoyable and the resturant staff were friendly and welcoming. This hotel is serious let down by its senior staff. The hotel follows "rules" in a robotic fashion and no one seems to be able or willing to apply some genuine common sense to a situation. A mocking and unpleasent manager is also not quite what anyone would expect. Mistakes occur but the manner in which this hotel dealt with their mistake was appauling and the attitude of the night manager was quite unbelieveable. He seemed to enjoy the situation. We ended up leaving the hotel without settling the bill pending the General Manager dealing with the issue (the first time I have ever experienced such an incident). The matter has been settled now but with no direct contact with the General Manager. Communication and customer service is non existent. Be warned that the function room is very close to the hotel bedrooms and has no sound proofing at all. Functions clearly come before the comfort of hotel guests.
Never again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2009

We booked a dinner, bed and breakfast rate one night stay at Ansty Hall. We were impressed with every detail. Service was with a smile and everyone was very friendly. Room was clean and tidy. Huge bed for a lovely nights sleep. Food was fantastic and lovely fresh ingrediants and breakfast was delicious. All in all all a really good experience and we will definitely go back there as well as try other MacDonald hotels.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EnglandRugbyFans
Reviewed November 23, 2008

We had a lovely time for our mother's 60th birthday celebration. The manager was simply superb and looked after us very well. The rooms were clean and the attention to detail was excellent. A wonderful hotel and Macdonalds should be proud of Ansty Hall.

• Stayed: November 2008