“Afternoon tea”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel for an afternoon tea for a group of friends to celebrate a birthday, was lovely. We had our own private room which not many hotels would do, and food and service was excellent, even decorated the table for us! Thank you to Chan and his team.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank kvick1996
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Kvick1996, Thank you for your review. The team and I are pleased you enjoyed your afternoon tea, to celebrate a birthday, the team and I always try to make those event memorable and looks like we achieved that . We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Macdonald Ansty Hall in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I held my 50th birthday party at the hotel in the Orangey. The venue was superb for a total of 80 guests, with a beautiful backdrop of the gardens
The food was fantastic, and presented extremely well, considering my request for a BBQ, at the begining April!!
The disco and bar staff were a delight. In fact all the staff were most helpful, with nothing to much trouble.
All my guests had a wonderful time with many staying overnight and savouring the hotel's facilities.
Thankyou Ansty Hall for a most enjoyable and memorable party

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Lin W
Dear LinW, Thank you for your review, and again Happy Birthday, we are delighted to have made your celebration something to remember, and hope to welcoming you back here at Macdonald Ansty Hall in the near future.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We dined in the Shilton Restaurant and had a lovely evening. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming. For starters, I chose the baked goat’s cheese & spinach tart with red onion chutney which was delicious - the pastry was light and melted in the mouth. My husband chose Serrano ham served with a parmesan wafer, tomato dressing and balsamic syrup - beautifully presented, which he also enjoyed. For our main courses I had potato gnocchi with blue cheese, spinach and herb cream and a side salad of rocket and parmesan. My husband had the Scottish ribeye steak with hand cut chips, tomato & mushroomed a side salad. Everything was delicious and, again, beautifully presented. The portions were a generous size: we couldn't manage anything from the dessert menu as we were both full. Other reviewers have commented on the prices of the wine etc., and they are not cheap, however I was given the opportunity to sample a couple of different wines before I made a choice and our pre-dinner drinks came with a lovely assortment of nibbles, all of which added to the enjoyment of the evening.
We will definitely be visiting again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 722LeicesterLass
Dear 722LeicesterLass, Thank you for your review following your dinner with us. We are pleased to read you found all the aspect of your dinner good, and sorry to hear there was no room left for the Home made dessert, perhaps nex time.
Once again thank you for your visit and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Manchester
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Came as part of a business trip. It was nice to be away from the business parks where I usually stay. Ansty village is lovely and this hotel is lovely. A grand entrance welcomes you, inside a quiet reception and bar downstairs, with a restaurant, which serves lovely food. I don't usually like lamb but it was divine and fell apart at the slightest touch. I wish I'd had desert, my colleagues had one and they looked beautiful. The staff were all really nice. The rooms were great and the gardens beautiful. The room was spacious, huge bathroom with separate bath and massive shower. The only problem I had was at 3:30am when I needed the toilet and I couldn't open the bathroom door... it had locked from the inside, I called reception who sorted it very quickly. Wasn't impressed that I was charged £3 to use my credit card, which most of my colleagues and myself used because we expensed our trip. Breakfast was really good, cooked English breakfast. Anyway, I would definitely stay again as it is a beautiful hotel and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank daveyh87
Dear Daveyh27, Thank you for your review. We was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay, and found the food and the service first class.
I am pleased to read that bathroom door issue was sorted immediately.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Macdonald Ansty Hall in the future.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Great stay! Perfect room, brilliant staff, lovely relaxing bar, nice food! Good access to motorway, beautiful grounds. Set in a lovely area away from the city centre! Quite an expensive taxi ride to get into town! But totally worth it for the great hotel! Would loved to have stayed longer!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve C C
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Steve C C, Thank you very much for your kind review, I was please to rea that you have enjoyed your stay, and looking forward to welcoming you back here in the future.
Sowerby Bridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We fell upon a glorious weekend to stay as part of a wedding party.As a wedding venue it is spot on. Professional staff and the food was lovely. Typically overpriced for drinks though! We weren't fortunate enough to be allocated a room in the main house so missed out on the lovely views,but that said, our room was perfectly comfortable. Great access from the motorway too, yet surrounded by lovely countryside.

Dear DonnaMFriendly, Thank you for your kind review, as you have experienced, we are very passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customer care which is shown by the number of guests that are coming back for a return visit, time and time again. I hope we have the opportunity to welcoming you for another occasion in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Pit stop on the way to wales. Close enough to the motorway but still very quiet. Clean rooms. Good breakfast and good rates.
We were upgraded to a slightly nicer twin facing into the courtyard but the standard rooms are fine too.
Very good value and a reliable spot for a good nights sleep.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Quiet room fan, Thank you for your kind review, I was pleased to read that you had a restful night, and find both, the classic and the main house room of good standards. We are looking forward to welcoming you back here at Ansty Hall soon.