Macdonald Ansty Hall
$94
$78
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The Jacobean Hotel(Coventry)(Great Value!)
$51
$70
PremierInn.com
$68
PremierInn.com
1,314 results
All reviewsthe main houselovely hotelwedding venuerelaxing stayblack puddingwedding breakfastrestaurant managerbar pricesexecutive roomlovely roomweekend breakwedding receptionbreakfast was excellentevening mealafternoon teafull englishone night stay
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were given £200 worth of gift vouchers by family members to celebrate our 1st Civil Partnership in style and a bit of luxury. After researching various websites including Trip Advisor we choose the Ansty Hall on a dinner, bed and breakfast rate and upgarded to an Excutive Room rate for £187.00 for the overnight package.

The hotel is a beautiful setting and the Receptionist was very friendly on arrival. Room 27 1st impression was stunning, dual aspect with lovely views, a huge bed and beautiful decorations on the 1st floor.

The fridge was not switched on so leaning behind the unit to the plugs discovered a broken wine glass next to the plug and an old very dusty jumper which clearly indicates that no cleaning takes place behind furniture. Entering the bathroom we discovered that the basin was cracked.

The dining experience was superb and faultless, the staff friendly, atentive and provided excellent service and the food was five star and delicious.

We went down for breakfast at 945am on the Sunday morning, with Breakfast being serviced between 8 to 10am. The dining room was very busy and full, but we were showed to a table which was cleared and cleaned for us immediately.

We only wanted the cooked breakfast so ordered a vegetarian option asking for a poached egg each and requesting a pot of tea and brown toast.

The toast arrived ten minutes later stone cold and the pot of tea arrived with no milk so had to get a glass of milk from the cereal area.

Then the breakfast arrived, overcooked, hard rubbery egg, dried out mushrooms and tomatoes with veggie sausages.

The breakfast was a total let down and disappointment compared to the fabulous dinner the night before and considering it is £17.50 ahead. For this type of standard of hotel I would have expected the tea to come with a jug of milk and for the cooked breakfast to be of the same high standard and level as the dinner.

Also I would have expected the bedroom to be spotlessly clean with no broken basin from the Macdonald hotel chain and the rate of the Excutive room.

I had requested when making the booking by e mail well inadvance that it was our 1st Civil Partnership celebration and were disappointed that the hotel had not acknowledged with some token. I have stayed at budget chain hotels who have acknowledged in the past special occasions.

It was a total treat and wonderful luxury mini break to stay in the Ansty Hall Hotel to celebrate our 1st Civil partnership Anniversary and to be given vouchers to pay for our dinner, bed and breakfast overnight stay.

It was the standard of breakfast in comparison to the quality of the dinner, the cleaniness of the bedroom and some sort of acknowledge by MacDonald Hotels of this special occasion was disappointing.

Room Tip: Would strongly recommend you book one of the bedrooms in the Main Building where the Restaurant and Bar with views from the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FraserandJules
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is where my wife and I got married 10 years ago, so it was apt that we returned to have a our anniversary, weekend celebration. The check in was effortless and the receptionist very welcoming. The room was tastefully decorated and had all that we could want for our short stay. The champagne and chocolates that I had per-ordered were delivered to the room within a few minutes of settling into our room. We made use of the outdoor courtyard seating and ordered a jug of Pimms. £27. I have to say I do fond this extortionate considering we only got 4 glassfuls out of it.

We had a meal in the main restaurant, but again the wine was overpriced. Starting at £25 a bottle. The food was tasty and the service was good.

Breakfast was a typical hotel breakfast. Not that it was bad in any way. I did make a special request for an Eggs Benedict, which I gratefully received. So as you can see customer service is at front and centre of this hotels ambition.

All in all I was happy with our stay although I do think that they should review their bar tariffs. After all nobody likes to feel that they have been taken advantage of.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here through a secret escapes deal and can highly recommend. The high price tag of the rooms is reflected in location and service. The restaurant food is good, if expensive and again the service is excellent. Drinks are VERY expensive. The menu is quite short, but what choices there are are high quality. We had a cream tea also, very good! If I had one major criticism it was that, for the large size of the room the TV was very small and situated a long way away from the bed and any chairs. This felt like a petty irritation which could be easily solved.

Even this minor quibble the hotel was good and well worth the money. I would be willing to pay the full price if I return.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My daughter and now, son in law, had there wedding here on the 3rd of May. From when we arrived on the 2nd May until when we left on the 4th, the staff went the extra mile to make there wedding perfect. All the staff including the manager to the bedroom staff gave 1st class service. A big thank you to all. The only downside was the resident DJ did not play the music that the bride and groom had requested on their play list.
Gary and Mandy

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I booked a table here on a Saturday afternoon for my parents and I to have afternoon tea. I had never been here before but presumed with it being a Macdonald Hotel that it would be good. They were also charging £18 per head for afternoon tea which is very pricey. This was a treat for my parents so I in no way begrudged paying this (plus drinks) if it was a lovely setting etc etc. As we drove up the hotel looked stunning and the entrance is lovely but that is it.
We waited a short while at reception to tell someone we had arrived as there was no one there, she asked us to take a seat anywhere in the lounge and someone would come and take our order. The "lounge" was dark and in desperate need of a redecoration. There was only one other couple in the lounge area however there were 3 tables with dirty dishes. I couldn't underestand the point in me booking a table and then nothing being set up for us.
We sat for around 10-15 minutes and no one came to serve us. I made the decision to leave before I spent money on poor service and a depressing setting. We left and 20 minutes after that so 40 minutes after we had sat down I had a phone call from the hotel to ask where we were! I can only presume we would have been left for the full 40 minutes with no service if we had stayed.
Really poor from a normally good chain of hotels. I think if they are charging top end prices for afternoon tea/food then the staff need customer service training and the whole place needs some TLC.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family