“Wonderful!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cannock, United Kingdom
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had the most wonderful stay at Ansty hall. Our room was very large and very clean. We were in the annex building which was very quiet. The grounds are pleasant. The staff were exceptionally polite and efficient. The food was absolutely magnificent. Our stay was very memorable for all the right reasons.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Durham
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Had a great overnight stay in the Ansty hall. We were staying in the annex which is separate to the main building, but what a beautiful building. The staff were very friendly and the room was spacious with plenty of facilities and just down the road is a shopping centre with other restaurants, depending upon what you like to eat. The room was nice and warm with a big bath and shower. The only downside was the pillows and bed were a little too soft for my liking, but otherwise a great stay at a good value deal.

Room Tip: If you want to stay in the main hotel check your room is not in the annex as this is a separate buil...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lutterworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We have stayed here 4 times per year on a weekday, for the last 2 years. We have always stayed in the main house and we find the rooms spacious and comfortable and quiet on both elevations.

We always eat in the hotel and have found the food very good.

The staff are always very helpful, and we like the fact that the staff are the same each time we visit and remember us by name. We can recommend a stay at the hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
county durham
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here on business. Upon arriving I couldn't believe a hotel of this type doesn't have any fitness area/gym. I checked in and went to my room which was at the other side of the hotel. I was told that if i wanted to eat in the restaurant I would need to come late as they had a couple big groups in - not great when theres nowhere else to eat with driving.

I went to my room, the room was a decent size with a refurbished bathroom and a separate shower. I unpacked and went to the bar to get something to eat.

The service in the bar was really bad, I asked for a menu and a young bartender said that I couldnt see the menu unless I had a booking for the restaurant! I said are you sure "yes". I said a friendly waitress who said he was wrong and brought me a menu! I decided to eat in the bar as the menu was almost the same.

I ordered a rib eye steak and a drink. It came to about £24 and the steak was really small. The chips were dry. I asked for some vinegar and ketchup and neither materialised - it wasnt even that busy.

I went to my room, the hotel gets no 3G reception and wifi cost a tenner - I think this is such a rip off! In the morning I left as soon as I could, well check out did take 5 minutes!

I really didn't like this hotel, good service costs nothing but makes all the difference.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to eat.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Em and I stayed here last July. We had a room in the main building which was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was beginning to look a little tired though and other parts of the building are also getting that way in places.

We ate in the restaurant and the food, if rather standard fayre, was tasty and well presented. The menu, however, could do with a bit more variety. The staff were very good, helpful and pleasant at all times.

Our room looked out over the front of the building. At times the noise from vehicles passing was a little intrusive, more so in the morning. Em barely noticed though, being somewhat preoccupied with testing the bed which was large and comfy with plenty of room for her to starfish! Em also liked the decorative red ropes on top of the bed and thought they added to the whole experience.

If we are in the area again we would return.

• Stayed July 2012
Bodelwyddan, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I recently selected this place for a 2 night business stay through booking.com. Cost was around £60 for the room and £17.50 for breakfast- bit odd I thought, but hey ho came in under budget, so went for it. The hotel itself is nice enough, as are the staff but what really got my goat was the price structure and hidden charges.
Examples: £6.95 for a half pint bottle of Innes and Gun (beer)- this is £1.50 a bottle at my local supermarket. Ok I expect to pay more in a hotel, but this works out at £14 a pint!! Crazy!
Decided on room service for the 2 nights after seeing the restaurant prices, only to be stung for a £3 tray charge each night- surely this should be included in the room service menu price!?
Breakfast: £17.50 each morning, but get this- if you want a fish dish instead of the standard English...£2.50 supplement- so £20 for a plate of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs !!??
To top it all, on checkout, I noticed a £1 charity charge on my bill. Ok its only £1, but I had not consented to this and as a business user I cant claim it back. I was also then asked if I was paying by credit or debit card. Who pays with a debit card???? Another £3 added to my bill for the credit card transaction!
Will definitely not be staying here again- its a total rip-off!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stay at this hotel every week, I prefer the room in the Stopford Building ideal and functional for my needs. Breakfast is consistently good with the waiting team helpful and chatty, especially Joyce. I sometime have dinner, again very good or pop down the road at the pub.
Overall they look after me well. Thank you

Room Tip: The Stopford building is standards room with shower and bath separate, large working area with a sep...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business