I stayed in this hotel on Saturday 26th and Sunday the 27th of April. I had looked at the other reviews on this site before making the booking and I agree that it is a fine hotel.
I stayed there as I was attending the Heineken Rugby semi final in Coventry and I was flying out of Birmingham on Monday morning. The hotel has a great location not far from the motorway (you can hear some traffic noise but it was not a big issue). Getting to the Rioch for the game and Birmingham airport on Monday morning during rush hour were both easy trips.
The hotel is a fine looking building and the gardens and grounds are kept to a high standard.
Check in was efficient and friendly. We found all staff to be friendly and helpful and customer service and care is obviously very good. My wife does not like feather pillows and foam ones arrived promptly and without fuss.
We paid a little extra to stay in the main hotel building.
However, the seperate building is very close by and I am not sure if location is a real issue here. The room was well fitted out and in good condition as was every other part of the hotel I saw.
Slipppers and a gown were the only things that were missing from our room that you might want. The fridge and mineral water (which was replaced each day) being particularly useful.
The hotel was very busy on Saturday, in that there was a wedding on and the Saracens Rugby team were staying there in advance of the Rugby Match on Sunday.
We ate in the restaurant on the Saturday night and the food was very good. Service was fine despite there being pressure on all hotel staff with the two parties. Breakfast was a mixtuire of buffet and table service for hot food and tea coffee. It was very good on both mornings.
Ansty itself is a small village, we went for a nice walk by the canal and strollled the mile or so to the next one. We also visited the local pub for an afternoon drink and dinner on Sunday night. Unlike, other reviewers, we thought the standard of the food there awful. However, it was busy on Sunday night, nevertheless I would recommend eating in the hotel over it any day.
The hotel was offering a deal whereby you got a second nights b&b free if you paid for one and ate a 3 course meal during your stay..
At the deal rate this was very good value for the quality we encountered. This would be a good place for a quiet weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Ansty Hall is a grade II listed Georgian mansion dating back to 1678 and set in 8 acres of grounds in the rolling Warwickshire countryside. 62 bedrooms, restaurant, meetings and conferences for up to 140 delegates, corporate activities, weddings, family events, banquets, festive events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Macdonald Ansty Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Ansty Hall Coventry
- Macdonald Ansty Hall Hotel Coventry