Although the hotel itself was utterly lovely (and the food), you may note on the website for Macdonald Hall that they go to great lengths to point out that, if you find the same deal cheaper elsewhere, that they'll refund the difference. This sounded great - and it happened to us. We found the same room cheaper (significantly).
So, as per their FAQ, I e-mailed exactly what was required. And waited. Had an e-mail back. My details had been passed to the relevant team. Excellent. I waited some more. And heard nothing. Chased it up. Still nothing. I've e-mailed again now. We're now almost a month since the original contact. Should it really take this long, or would they prefer you to forget that they actually might not offer the best rates on the hotel?
Overall, it's significantly detracted from the enjoyment of the trip. What's the point in offering something if you're not prepared to make good on it? :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Ansty Hall is a grade II listed Georgian mansion dating back to 1678 and set in 8 acres of grounds in the rolling Warwickshire countryside. 62 bedrooms, restaurant, meetings and conferences for up to 140 delegates, corporate activities, weddings, family events, banquets, festive events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Macdonald Ansty Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Ansty Hall Coventry
- Macdonald Ansty Hall Hotel Coventry