Macdonald Ansty Hall
Priceline
$34
$29
Hotels.com
The Jacobean Hotel(Coventry)(Great Value!)
$46
PremierInn.com
$63
PremierInn.com
1,313 results
All reviewsthe main houselovely hotelwedding venuerelaxing stayblack puddingwedding breakfastrestaurant managerbar pricesexecutive roomlovely roomweekend breakwedding receptionbreakfast was excellentevening mealafternoon teafull englishone night stay
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have just returned home after a few days/nights at this lovely Ansty Hall Hotel, the breakfast is very good, as are all theMacDonald hotels. But best of all was the MOST comfortable nights sleep we have had a any of the MacDonald Hotels, Staff as usual are excellent. Thank You Ansty Hall we will return.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Last minute booking met all our needs. Had just checked out of Marriott Forest of Arden as it was too busy with 2 weddings, quite impersonal and poor service. Found this hotel by accident and will definitely return.
Walked into reception to find a wedding party and our hearts sank expecting a similar experience. However, Mohammed on reception immediately put our minds at rest. We had booked an executive room that morning online. However, knowing we were not part of the wedding party they had already upgraded us to a feature room at the front of the hotel, furthest from any possible noise. He also assured us that we were just as welcome to the hotel as the wedding party.
We sat outside in the peaceful grounds for a great lunch - we didn't have to move from there as they regularly came to us to see if we needed anything else. We came for a peaceful relaxing weekend and got it. Dinner was wonderful and all the staff were so friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. Difficult to fault the place and staff.
Will definitely return and even use for business meetings.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We'd booked 4 rooms for Saturday 1st Sept as a treat for my Mum's 70th birtthday, and then were having a pre-organised big family lunch (arranged via the Banqueting manager) on the next day. Although we'd paid for 2 executive rooms and 2 doubles, only when we were all checked in did we realise we'd been allocated 1 exec and 3 ordinary doubles, and we had to point this out to reception. We decided to leave our rooms as they were, and proceeded to go to the bar prior to having dinner in the Shilton restaurant. We got some pre dinner drinks at the bar and were horrified to be charged £8 for a (not very large) glass of wine, and £5 for a standard bottle of magners! The meal was "so-so" and there was a distinct lack of waiting staff. Service was very slow, and I felt I had to constantly prompt the waitress to serve us. Our food was also very slow indeed and when the mains finally arrived, my poor brother's order hadn't even been passed onto the kitchen and he had to watch us eat for another 10mins. Even though the waitress apologised profusely, it was embarrassing and NOT the relaxing experience I'd expected or hoped for. The quality of the meals was also variable, though my ravioli was lovely. The next day, we had out pre-arranged big family meal, and this went far more smoothly, but again, when we all went through to the room, I had to let the waitress know there should have been wine on the tables. The whole weekend, I felt I had to chivvy things along, and the lack of staff made everything rather slow and uncertain. Basically, there needs to be more staff, and better organisation generally.

2  Thank Catherine L
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This stay was for my mother's 70th. The Hall itself was superb. The rooms were beautiful, although the door handle on our bathroom was faulty and I did get locked in the bathroom for awhile !!
There were only 2 choices for Vegetarians and the ravioli I had was bland and dry.
Couldn't get over how short staffed they were despite a wedding being on the day we arrived. Our waitresses were fantastic, one in particular who was ever so friendly and lovely to talk to. If we ever go back we hope to see her again. The prices for drinks were out of this world, very expensive. For 2 glasses of wine, we paid nearly £20 !!
Meals are not cheap either, £17 for an English breakfast and to be honest I've had better for cheaper but it filled a gap !!
On a positive note, as well as the amazing staff and the incredible rooms, the grounds were superb. We had a nice walk on the Sunday morning.
My wife and I intend going back sometime next year...just hope drinks are not as expensive and they fix that bathroom door handle !!!!

1  Thank Richard R
Reviewed August 31, 2012

First of all i'd like to say a big thank you to Leigh who went to great lengths to organize a room for myself and children at such short notice (first class customer service). In fact all the staff i met including the manager & house keeping were superb.
Our stay was peaceful & we all slept well, the room was luxurious & comfortable.
This hotel is something quite special...i cant recommend it enough!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business