“Value for Money”

Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
New Delhi, India
“Value for Money”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We had 2 days stay during our visit to UK . Small rooms , big restaurant with bar which is seen crowded in the evening. Out door sitting areas. However the room heating is system is not well controlled and you may have to either switch off the heater or be comfortable without the same. Reasonably priced and wifi is also free. Good for short stay for business

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Unni2006
Amy C, Sales Manager - Midlands Cluster at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us, my apologies that the heating was not suitable for you.
We do offer competitive rates for guests who are wanting to stay in Coventry and with complimentary Wi-Fi throughout it is a great hotel for business guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.
Amy Curtis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Absolute disgrace, stayed the night, the room was about 50 years old and depressing. Sat in the reception area, which, I believe is kept dark for a reason, possibly to hide the fact that it also is very dated, whilst working on my laptop I had to endure some guy giving a lecture to a lady, I guess from what he was saying she was a member of staff and needed to do more business for the hotel, how professional, maybe they have no meeting rooms I moved from one end to the other only to have to listen to a couple of guys swearing like troopers. I was due to stay a few of nights, but left and headed to the ibis down the road.

Avoid

SB

Room Tip: Best tip, go elsewhere.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Sam B
Amy C, Sales Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay.
The Chace Hotel is an 18th Century building and we have tried to keep the main reception and bar area in keeping with the style of the Hotel with the oak panelled lounge. My apologies if the reception area seemed dark I will speak with Reception to ensure that this area is kept well lit. I am sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your bedroom, had this been brought to our attention during your stay we would have endeavoured to move you to a more suitable room.
I am concerned to hear that whilst working in our lounge area you could overhear a conversation which you believe to have been between staff and I shall speak with the Hotel manager to ensure all staff conduct any meetings in a private area.
Again my sincere apologies for your recent stay at The Chace Hotel.
Sales Manager
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our Wedding Day at the The Chace Hotel was the most wonderful venue we could have possibly booked. The wedding coordinator, Mollie Powell was outstanding & made the occasion a stress free amazing day.Everything from the grand staircase which made great photos,the arrival drinks & canapes, the wedding breakfast food that was not only extremely good but hot as well,the evening buffet was excellent & all the staff were very professional. This was not only our opinion but that of all our guests as well. Everyone of them said it was the best wedding they had ever been to.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Amy C, Sales Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Claire,
Thank you for your review in regards to your Wedding Day and many Congratulations to you. We are a popular wedding venue in Warwickshire, and it is great to hear such fantastic feedback following your special day.
There are some beautiful features within the Hotel which are perfect for photos on your wedding day and I am so pleased to hear that the food was excellent.
I will pass over your comments to Mollie and the rest of the team at the Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to The Chace Hotel.
Sales Manager
Southport
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has two completely different halves Old and creaky 1950 , and the majority locked in hygenia land in the 1960, with only the recent additions of lcd screens to stop you thinking you have stepped back in time.

The new wing were the standard room are is dull and grey up an iron staircase and bolted on to the main mannor house hotel I guess in the 1960 judging by the bolt together furniture. The corridors have the lighting built above each room and this gives a feel of being in a laboratory building not a hotel. The corridor are grey and lifeless. The rooms gloomy and depressing odd fitments like the billed on the desk mirror and the strange slots for I guessed brochures were a tv now is add to the strangeness of the room. And what is that bench next to the door for.

The better rims are in the old room. Superior ... just and executive. Room 2 is the bridal suite with a 4 poster bed. Room 4 is big.

Beds are just ok. Duvets so thin I thought they were sheets and the blanket on room 4 poor.

Breakfast was ok .. just buffet most days but good food.

The area around the hotel is poor and add you might had guessed its a wedding venue.

The premier inn about two miles away had much nicer rooms and soft beds.

If you like old and creaky stay here and pay 15 pounds more for room 4

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Diskdr
ChaceHotel, General Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, November 2, 2016
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review the Chace Hotel, I'm very glad to hear that you were well looked after and I hope that you will choose to stay at the Chace Hotel when you are next in the area,
Since my appointment in mid-October I have been reviewing previous guest feedback in order to better understand our customers wants and needs
I have passed your kind comments to our team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chace Hotel in the near future

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Just had a lovely weekend break, we had a great room and staff were very friendly and helpful, thank you to Richard who looked after us on Saturday evening, location is good for city centre where there is a great selection of shops and places to visit. hoping to stay again soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Koscierzyna, Poland
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed here with my family here a while ago. We booked months in advance and requested an early check-in. As you walk in you get to see the beautiful Victorian lounge and the bar area - stunning. We were greeted by a male receptionist. He was polite and efficient. His name was Bart. He really made us feel welcome. We had a slight issue as we didn't print our boarding cards for departure - he said he will do it for us. What a star. We thought we will try the hotel restaurant. The restaurant was fairly busy - we were greeted my a male waiter. He was really friendly and knowledgeable. His name was Steve. Food was really good - we decided to go for 2 courses. The dishes are reasonably priced - so as the drinks. The rooms was clean and beds comfortable. If in the area will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

south west
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The Chace Hotel is clean and tidy. The rooms are a little bit dated with some much needed updating. That said they are very comfortable. What makes this a pleasant experience is the staff they are so friendly and helpful.

I have only had breakfast in the hotel and it was a 10 out of 10.

The bookings are made on my behalf and this hotel is the one I try to get every time. Back again next week.

Free wifi for guests not sure about wheelchair users or the elderly as no lift and stairs for most of the rooms.

Overall a 7 out of 10.