“Perfect Wedding Day”

Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect Wedding Day”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My new Wife and I would like to thank The Chace Hotel for giving us the perfect Wedding day.

The manager Jane was a complete god send going above and beyond in making ours and our guests day so special.

The Hotel and grounds are a stunning location, as soon as we made our first visit we fell in love with it.

The whole day ran like clockwork. Beautiful location, excellent food, good rooms and superb staff!

We would definitely recommend The Chace Hotel to anyone, whether they're wanting that perfect wedding day, function or even a business meeting. We couldn't have made a better choice.

Thanks again to all the staff!

The newly Mr & Mrs Roberts

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrsR192
chacehotel123, Front Office Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Mr & Mrs Roberts,
Thank you very much for the review, and I am pleased that your special day went so well. Getting married is a very memorable day and I am glad that Jane and all the staff here at the Chace Hotel were part of that and we would like to wish you all the very best of luck for the future.

Gill Atkin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed there as part of a wedding party. The room was clean and comfortable, the facilities were also great although the breakfast staff seemed a little sparse.
The gardens are excellent for those staying with children.
The only issue I had is the room temperature, the pipes going to the radiators are not insulated and are hot, and even though the radiators were turned off it made the room really warm and in August it was boarder line unbearable.
A small investment of insulating the pipe work in the rooms would change my review from a ok to a great.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Danandsam111,
Thank you very much for you feedback. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Chace hotel and have noted your comments in regards to the pipes being hot. We do have fans available at Reception and they would of been happy to provide you with one. I hope we can welcome you back to the Chace hotel soon.

South Wales
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was a little worried after reading the reviews but it was great. The staff couldn't do enough and were really helpful and pleasant. The room had everything we needed and was very clean and comfortable so I have to say for the price we paid it was brilliant. It was also convenient for Warwick and the surrounding areas.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bllew
Dear Bllew
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. The staff always value positive feedback as it shows that the hard work we do is appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at The Chace for one night - the staff were very helpful and efficient. Our room was large and very comfortable although being at the back there was a bit of noise from an extractor fan but that didn't bother us much. The breakfast was very good and served quickly. Would stay again if in that area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue S
chacehotel123, Front Office Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Sue S,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, which I have shared with our team. We are thrilled to have made your stay a success, and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at the Chace for a family wedding and after reading some of the reviews I was quite worried and after our stay my worries were unfounded. The grounds and the main building are gorgeous and the lounge area is large and welcoming. Our check in was easy considering how many of us checked in at the same time. We stayed in the main building, room was clean, bed was comfy and the room was not too hot either. The only downside was the water pressure is not great but we still managed to wash. The staff were all extremely helpful and breakfast on both mornings was fantastic, cooked lovely and for the staff nothing was too much trouble. The food during the wedding was amazing and surprisingly it was consistently hot when it came to the table. I have to say I would stay again if we ever needed a hotel in the area as it feels like a country house hotel but 2 minutes from a major supermarket.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Chelle6944,
Thank you very much for you feedback. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Chace Hotel and have spoken with our Maintenance team about the water pressure. The staff always value positive feedback as it shows that the hard work we do is appreciated and I hope we can welcome you back to the Chace Hotel soon.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Firstly I have to say that, had I never stayed at the Chace before, I would have been more than happy with the room we were allocated. However we spent our wedding night in the bridal suite 14 years ago and, unrealistically I suppose, expected the same or similar room for this stay.

When we stayed at the Chace in 1999 the bridal suite was in a room with a name, something like Warwick Suite, so alarm bells rang when we were given the keys to room 2. It turns out our old room is now simply room 5 and all the named suites are now meeting rooms.

Harping back to 14 years ago, we had a canopy bed that was most in keeping with the Tudor style of the building, there were heavy brocade drapes above and around the bed and the en-suite had a jacuzzi bath big enough for two!

The room now classed as the bridal suite is much larger but does not have that romantic air to it. The bed is a four poster but of modern design and made of MDF with not a drape in sight, I also think it must have seen a lot of action as the sprung base had been replaced with chipboard floorboards making the bed very hard and uncomfortable. I had a very sleepless night and not for the right reasons!

The bedroom, strangely for a bridal suite, also had a large sofa bed - handy if you fall our with your other half I suppose! The wardrobe was very small and the hem of my knee-length dress pooled on the floor so definitely not suitable for handing a wedding dress in.

The room was strangely decorated with a bright green tartan carpet ans clashing curtains and bedding. While I did not expect a building of this age to have air con the addition of a fan would have helped. It was after all the hottest weekend of the year and the room was stifling.

The bathroom was also disappointing. We were expecting a room designed for two but found a plain white bathroom that looked like it belonged in a Premier Inn and not at all romantic.

The reception staff were not in the least helpful on our arrival. We had to wait a considerable time whilst the staff continued with their conversation in a back office and there was no bell to ring for attention. When we did manage to get someone's attention there was no friendliness in their attitude - in fact it seemed we were an inconvenience. There was also no offer of help with our bags or showing us to our room. Having specifically asked for the 'Bridal Suite' it was obvious we were celebrating but were made to feel as if we were intruding.

We did express our disappointment to the young lady on reception but she just shrugged. We were offered the keys to room 5 to see if we would prefer it but one look and I burst into to tears. The room was changed beyond all recognition and looked like it belonged in a Travel Lodge or Premier Inn.

The lounge areas downstairs are very comfortable and decorated in keeping with the style of the building. The drinks from the bar were of a reasonable price.

The saving grace of our weekend was London's restaurant. The waiter was most attentive and the meal superb. Likewise at breakfast, when the dining room was much busier, the waitress was equally attentive, the service was excellent and the food again superb,

Whilst I would definitely use the restaurant again and even just go for drinks in the lounge, I think it is unlikely that I would chose the Chace for a romantic getaway. I think the style of the hotel is now much better suited for business travelers.

Room Tip: Room 2 was large and airy but the bed was most uncomfortable.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ChaceHotel, General Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, November 2, 2016
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review the Chace Hotel, I'm very glad to hear that you were well looked after and I hope that you will choose to stay at the Chace Hotel when you are next in the area,
Since my appointment in mid-October I have been reviewing previous guest feedback in order to better understand our customers wants and needs
I have passed your kind comments to our team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chace Hotel in the near future

Paul Grantley
Hotel manager
Gateshead
Reviewed August 6, 2013

What a find this hotel was. We booked the hotel on price, review and location. The hotel stay was for a family trip to the Cotswolds area. Only 20 minutes from Warwick on the south side of Coventry. There was plenty of parking, lovely outside seating area looking onto the gardens. The entrance, bar and reception area were welcoming with a traditional feel to it. There appeared to be a few returning guests who commented on what a good hotel this was. The staff were great, attentive, professional and very polite. I wish I had taken note of the receptionist and the bartender as they were brilliant, nothing was too much trouble - you just had to ask. Our room was a family room for 3 adults and it was more than fine, actually it looked like it had just had a make over (new carpet and redecoration) and was a good size. It was kept clean and tidy and overlooked the main entrance. It gave us a good base to travel to and around Stratford and the beautiful villages of the Cotswold. I have every intention of returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: There was no air con but we took an electric fan as a previous review had mentioned it. Glad we did...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family