“Terrible.”

The Chace Hotel Coventry
Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had booked this hotel to hold a small wake in the room opposite the bar. We asked for the food to be served about 11.30am, food brought out about 11.45am. Must admit it was a lovely spread that they put on but then it got worst. The staff started to take all the food away from 12.45pm, apparently this was due to Food rules, or something. We complained to the person that was taking the food away and we asked for it to be kept out for a bit longer as we had some people coming about 1pm, we got told this food will be binned and when the people arrive about 1pm they will make up some sandwiches for them. We explained we had the room til 3pm so the food should of been kept out til then as we were never told that they would take it off a hour later. A waste of money, and a unhappy time. The staff didn't say sorry once, just said it has got to come off. Will never be returning back to this place!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
chacehotel123, Front Office Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Georgina,

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that you were not happy, please contact me directly in order to discuss this further.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here a few times, we stayed for 2 nights on this occasion. Each time the staff have been faultless. The room was spotless with a lovely view out to the gardens.
We dined in the restaurant and the food was very good, there is a good choice on the menu.
Thanks to the night staff who served us well into the early hours.
Looking forward to our next stay

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve W

Dear Steve W,

Thank you for such positive comments, I will pass your comments on to all staff and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed in a family room for one night to attend a family celebration. The room was unbearably hot, the window frames were filthy, the doors banging throughout the night kept all 3 of us awake, the shower just poured water down the rear wall and has obviously done so for along time judging by the mould on the floor, the bathroom ceiling was mouldy, the florescent tube in the en-suite was un-diffused (is this legal?)...the room is incredibly dated [1970s beige melamine and brown wood] I could continue but as I have a complaint in with the manager I shall await their reply.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ChaceHotel, General Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2016

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Chace hotel.
Since my appointment in mid-October I have been reviewing previous guest feedback in order to better understand our customers wants and needs.
After reading your review, I was disappointed to read that your stay was not an enjoyable one, so please accept my sincere apologies.
I would like to thank you again for your feedback because this helps me to look where I can improve the hotel.
I hope to welcome you back in the future.
Kind regards
Paul Grantley
Hotel manager

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights and it really was a pleasure to stay here, made my trip more relaxing. I often stay in a Lodge but as they are usual empty it can make the stay quiet boring I enjoyed the atmosphere and the food.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Steve U

Dera Steve U,

Thank you for the email I will pas on your comments to all the staff and we look forward to seeing again in the future.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed here two nights whilst visiting a friend, the travelodge in the centre of town shot up in price (way to expensive for a travelodge) so we chose here. Location was not as central as we wanted (didn't really know the area) but there is a bus stop straight outside and cab wasn't too much money at all.
The hotel its self looked lovely and quaint- pleasantly surprised. The rooms were fine- not amazing, but big beds and clean- couldn't ask for much else really. Walls were a bit thin, but I slept very well.
Staff were very friendly- had a bit off an issue getting in at 1am, but we were let in eventually by the nice night porter!
We didn't eat or drink there- but it looked very cheap and tasty. Was a nicely decorated hotel, with good parking. Price wasn't too bad- there was a deal on laterooms- would stay there again if I visited Coventry.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Henri T
chacehotel123, Front Office Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Henri,

Thank you for your comments, and these have been passed on to the relevant departments.

We look forward to welcoming you again should you return to the area.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

The chace hotel is a wonderfull place to stay from when we walked in the door we were made to feel welcome and at home, nothing is too much for the friendly staff and the food was out of this world , would recomend to anyone and WILL be back soon ! Keep it up guys !

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Ryandavid1992
chacehotel123, Front Office Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Ryandavid,

Thank you for the review we have received. I have passed your comments to all departments and we will keep up the good work and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The staff team at the chace are so helpful and friendly.I have to stay in coventry on business alone , they always make me feel welcome and safe as a woman travelling alone.I cant single one staff member out as they all pay attention to detail and to the customer.I wont stay anywhere else in coventry !

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Michelle P

Dear Michelle P,

Thnak you for the positive comments that you have made it is very much appreciated. Your comments have been passed to all the staff and we look forward to seeing you in the future.