“fantastic weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Strabane, United Kingdom
“fantastic weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

we went as a large party of 30 for the stoneleigh shooting show and could not have found a better place to stay the staff from cleaners up to management were more than helpfull without being over bearing rooms spotles breakfast was first class plenty of variety and evening dinner at the chace was excellent at modest prices will stay here again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
chacehotel123, General Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and I'm delighted to hear you had such a good time at the Chace. It was a pleasure meeting you and your party and we hope to welcome you back very soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Hereford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Whilst Coventry might not spring to mind for an Anniversary break, I saw a great offer on Corus Hotels and this was convenient for a Sunday evening. It is well sign-posted in the area and the receptionist was friendly. We had a short break in our room before going to The Simmerdown Carribean restaurant about 7 minutes away (No 1 in Coventry Trip Advisor!)
Coming back later we enjoyed the remainder of the evening in the room; we had to call reception for a second pillow each and the tea/coffee situation was as tight as any other hotel (what price 4-6 teabags, bit of extra milk etc). The room and bathroom design-wise felt like a time wrap and the tv had to be unplugged as the bright blue stand-by light lit the room - other than these comments it was very clean, tidy, warm and comfortable so we had a good night and the breakfast (£9.95) did feel worth it (never thought I'd say that about breakfast at a tenner!)
All in all we would return if in the area.

Room Tip: Sunday nights are very quiet and the restaurant is closed
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ChaceHotel, General Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, November 2, 2016
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review the Chace Hotel, I'm very glad to hear that you were well looked after and I hope that you will choose to stay at the Chace Hotel when you are next in the area,
I have passed your kind comments to our team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chace Hotel in the near future

Preston, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here for one night and whilst the hotel looks grand the rooms are certainly not! Tired dated and stifling - goodness knowa what it is like in summer.

The bed was uncomfortable, the pillows were even worse and the bed had blankets and a bedspread - who has those these days? Needless to say the blankets were kicked off - yuk.

Thankfully the room was so hot I could attempt to sleep under just the sheet!! Alas, the heat, banging pipes (even though I turned the rads off) uncomfortable bed along with and the noise of adjoining rooms with paper thin walls kept me awake.

The only good point was the room was clean.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Chace hotel.
Since my appointment in mid-October I have been reviewing previous guest feedback in order to better understand our customers wants and needs.
After reading your review, I was disappointed to read that your stay was not an enjoyable one, so please accept my sincere apologies.
I would like to thank you again for your feedback because this helps me to look where I can improve the hotel.
I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

just back after 3 nighs here dont be fooled by the web pictures they dont tell the truth about this hotel check in was a bit slow then on entering the room there seemed to be a musty smell i was in the extension bit of the hotel stay clear . when i ran my finger along the bed board there was dust on it, top of picture dust, but the best of all when i put my toilet but on the tile window ledge there must have been a mark on the bottom of it which left a a bit of dirt on the tile i was about to wipe it but put my bag back on top of it, the mark was still there 3 days later, the walls were so thin i could here the lady next door in the toilet not nice you could here tvs and people talking clearly, felt the room was dark even with the small wall lights on, bathroom was very dated the tile grout was dirty very 70s,there was no information pack in the room or customer survey forms easyto see why. but worst of all was the noise doors banging this stated about 3.30 in the morning when a door closed it seemed to start a chain reaction my door would shudder as did others over three nights i think i had about 10 hrs sleep there were a few working guys here seemed they started early in the morning people talking going along the corriders and at that time sound carries this hotel has an alcarte menu why ?. bar meals were ok but not aways anyone in bar to take your order but in the bar area when someone opened the main door all you could fell was the cold air coming in and the smell of smoke. breakfast on first morning was cooked for you the chef needs training in cooking a fried egg it was burnt also i was not told where the orange juice and cereal etc was, next two mornings there was a kind of buffet, sausage alot smaller than when it was cooked for you, bacon etc but no eggs other than scrambled take it or leave it, i was on b&b but i would not have payed £11 for that, it says 3 star but i never saw a tourist board plaque to say so . when checking out there was a guy in front of me and i noticed that the person on the desk never asked if he enjoyed his stay so when it was my turn i said i see you dont ask people if they enjoyed there stay no answer just a look so i said i did not a will not be back and she said ok that sums it up, this is no more than a 2 star hotel and thats being nice you would be better sleeping in your car the best thing about this hotel was putting my bag in the car and driving away

Room Tip: try anotheer hotel trust me
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 119georgeg119
Dear Guest
I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We booked as a late stay due to the bad snow this week and my Volvo deciding it didnt fancy venturing north back to Yorkshire, it cost us £65 B&B in a 3 bed room, we were allocated room 60 in the 1970s wing but the room was perfect, it had been modernised on the cheap but was very large, perfectly clean and lovely and warm. The furniture in the room has never been updated but was all in good order and very functional, the lighting was all soft lighting, a lovely large new sofa and 2 comfy chairs. We had a large flat screen TV with Sky and a lovely selection of quality coffee and twinings teas. The bathroom was not updated, a crack in the sink and old taps and fittings, along with the Avocado green (Very 70s) but clean, lots of hot water though.
I have one annoyance though that when we went down for lunch we were told the restaurant was closed due to bad weather no chef was in, we were told however that a Toby was 5 mins away, I was totally amazed that there was no snow on the roads and that all the staff in Toby had made it in, I have to say though the cheapest dish on the menu was £10 for chicken and pots where as toby was £5.99, I would also say to go room only, they charge £11pp for a small over cooked breakfast and not much continental choice in a cold room with only small electric heaters, again the Toby is £3.99 and is 5 mins away.
Overall I would stay again, room 60 was lovely but being an interconnecting room we heard the couple next door taking drugs and having s*x at 2am, almost as if we were in the room with them. No disabled facilities or adapted rooms, a real let down as i could not visit with my wife but a great business hotel.

Room Tip: If you can book a triple room you will get more space and not pay any extra. Room 60 is a good choic...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Gillingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was booked into this hotel on an overnight coach trip. I was a bit concerned having read some of the reviews as to what to expect. On our arrival the reception area was obviously crowded with a coach full of people and I found the booking in, a bit chaotic where we all had to fill in a form before we could get our room key, people were going into the bar area to fill the forms in and then having a job to get back to the reception area to get their keys as there were still other people getting their forms, I think this could be improved especially with coach parties as there is not alot of room and as I say it was chaotic. Having said this the staff, although a bit overwhellmed were very pleasant. Our room was clean with comfortable beds, and adequately fitted out. I would think it had not long ago been decorated and the carpets in the room and corridors to our room looked fairly new. We only had one meal at the hotel and that was breakfast, there was plenty of choice of cerials and fruit etc and the cooked part of the breakfast was very good and once again the staff were very pleasant and attentive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Coventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I went to a wedding last Sunday and it was absolutely fantastic. What a great wedding venue. The staff were really helpful and the manager named Maria could not do enough for the guests. We had a lot of requests which were all seen to without any fuss. Very professional and yet friendly and approachable. Highly recommended as a place to get married in or even just to stay the night. Thank you all for a great day. We all were impressed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review the Chace Hotel, I'm very glad to hear that you were well looked after and I hope that you will choose to stage your wedding at the Chace Hotel when you are next in the area,