Coombe Abbey Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
3,236 results
All reviewsmedieval banquetafternoon teafeature roomfour poster bedgarden restaurantgrand featurelady cravensconesmurder mysterycountry parkspiral staircasenooks and cranniesgarden roomroll top bathsteeped in historybeautiful hotelfinger sandwiches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 23, 2009

I think we were very lucky when booking this to get such a great rate, and such a great room. We were in the Sir Ross Suite in the newer part of the hotel and it was amazing! It had a 4 poster bed, lounge area, TV in the wall and in the bed, hidden bathroom and wardrobe. We were going to the Medieval Banquet in the Abbeygate which was a stones throw from our room so all in all it was perfect. Our friends also had rooms in the hotel and paid the same price but although they were very nice they didn't compare.

The grounds are beautiful so I would definitely recommend a wander around.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank MissWhitey
Reviewed December 3, 2009

A good place for a large business conference. Rooms were nicely laid out and good use of space.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2009

We stayed at Coombe on the night after our wedding and it's truly an amazing hotel. First class characterful accommodation - truly superb.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2009

I stayed for one night midweek at the Commbe Abbey Hotel on a work trip and found it absolutely fab!... The building is amazing internally and externally and it was like being on a medieval adventure. For the price I was extremely impressed. The food was great (we had only bar food due to people arriving at different times) and some of our party arrived after the bar kitchen had closed, however they were very accomodating and made them food nonetheless. I have only one gripe.. my "double bed" was not a double at all but two single beds pushed together which was disappointing.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2009

I stayed at they abbey with my partner on a work incentive,I loved the hotels real old Gothic feel, we had a stunning feature room in the new build block, which was designed and decorated in keeping with the main hotel, Our room was fantastic with a huge window seat full of cushions, the decor was very luxurious and details like mints by the bed a hot water bottle in the bathroom made it all the more comfortable. I cannot comment on the rooms in the main part, but I did see some collegues rooms in the same block and they were equally stunning, though I did notice that one had very dim lights which could not be turned up.

We went to a Medieval banquet on the evening which was very well organised and a lot of fun, I would not really rate that food, but it was in the theme of things and I'm not keen on eating with my fingers.

We had breakfast the next morning which was in a lovely light conservatory and there was plenty of choice on a buffet style breakfast which we both enjoyed.

I would recommend this hotel, it is different and would be great a Christmas as it's very atmospheric.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business