“Awesome”
Review of Coombe Abbey Hotel

Coombe Abbey Hotel
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We spent 2 nights in a wonderful Coombe Abbey Hotel just before New Year. We were amaized by the old hotel itself, which just took a breath away a very first moment we walked in.
The room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. I really enjoyed a huge bathroom! And the dense blue colour of the tiles gave an impression of royality :)
The biggest compliments goes to the...RESTAURANT! We had the most enjoyable evening and the meal was just unforgetable! My boyfriend said it was the best meal he ever had. We both had salmon to start with and then my boyfriend had a steak and me - the souffle. It was the first time I tried souffle and it was reaaaally incredible!
It is a perfect venue for weddings and any other special occasions! :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ron T, General Manager at Coombe Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Good morning and very many thanks for taking the time to write such a glowing review, following your recent stay here at Coombe Abbey.
i was delighted to hear, that you had such an enjoyable stay and will of course pass your extremely kind comments on to chef, regarding the dinner that you both enjoyed so much.
I look forward to having the opportunity, of welcoming you back to Coombe Abbey, at some point in the future,

Warmest regards

Coombe Abbey

Write a ReviewReviews (3,096)

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed here for a mix of business and pleasure while in Coventry. Such a beautiful place and easy to find.

The sweeping drive from the main road spells quality all the way and has a large car park.

On arrival it was hard to find the front door but the abbey which used to be a Monestary in the past has so much character I would recommend everyone I know to visit and stay here.

The hotel is themed heavily around the original period it was built with the help of a "vegas" style props in other areas which are very interesting.

The breakfast in the morning was delicious and presented in such a gourmet manner - well done to the head chef!

Great place to stay and visit for an evening out.

1  Thank HolidaysD17
Ron T, General Manager at Coombe Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Good afternoon and thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review, following your recent stay, here at Coombe Abbey.
I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back at some point in the future.

kind regards

coombe Abbey

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had the most fantastic stay at Coombe Abbey .The minute you enter the hotel you feel transported back in time much thought has been but into creating a wonderful ambiance not at all pretentious but really welcoming and so interesting, our room was gorgeous and full of character.We ate in the Garden Room Restaurant and enjoyed an amazing meal with excellent service , also loved the breakfast great choice of menu. All the staff were so lovely and helpful nothing was too much trouble we even had a little tour of the hotel with the history the gardens and grounds are beautiful just wish we could have stayed longer and will definitely return. Thank you

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jill S

Good morning and very many thanks, for taking the time to write such a glowing review, following your recent stay here at Coombe Abbey.
I was absolutely delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and will of course convey your extremely kind comments, on to the team here at the hotel.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Coombe Abbey, at some point in the future.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

It is hard not to love this hotel, it used to be a monastery (hence the name) and much of the building still stands it also has some fantastic gardens and grounds for walking. It is very grand but not ridiculously priced and the decor fits perfectly with the heritage.

Our room was gorgeous and included a 4 poster bed as well as a brilliant waterfall style shower. It was also very clean and our beds were turned down during the afternoon while were out which was a nice touch.

We did not eat in the restaurant but had a private dining function. The food was very nice but the service did need improving, we had 1 person serving 14 of us and 2 dishes were sent back for being cold.

Breakfast was great with a wide selection to suit everyone but again service could have been improved upon and staff could have been more attentive.

I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're flexible on dates stay on a Sunday as they currently have a deal which is £86 b&b
2  Thank jonalexander_smith

Good morning and thank you for taking the time, to post such a constructive review, following your recent stay here at Coombe Abbey.
Please accept my personal apologies, for the standard of service not meeting your expectations during your stay. However, I was delighted to hear that this did not prevent you from thoroughly enjoying your stay.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

What an amazing place to stay, breath taking views from the moment you drive into the grounds to the entrance of the hotel. The experience was truly delightful. The staff were so pleasant and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The culinary choice of food was incredible, my hubby who is a very funny Buga re food had more than enough choice. Wine list not too pricey either.
The bedrooms. Well I think I will leave that to your surprise. The featured room I didn't want to leave.
The history around Coombe has been captured well and the hotel has respected this in choice of decor. We will be returning. Excellent value for money. Thank you.

Room Tip: Worth paying that little bit more for featured room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Layla540

Good morning.
I would firstly like to take this opportunity, of conveying my appreciation, for writing such a positive review, following your recent stay here at Coombe Abbey.
I was extremely pleased to read, that you were extremely happy with every aspect of your stay and very much look forward, to welcoming you back to Coombe Abbey, in the near future.

Warmest regards

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I recently has a weekend away at Coombe Abbey Hotel. When we arrived at the hotel we were welcomed by the reception staff who were friendly, warm and made you feel so welcome and I must say every single member of staff we saw during our stay continued that high level of service.
Our room was one of the featured bedchambers it was amazing. The room was very clean the little extras in the room were all lovely. We had a spiral staircase that lead up to a free standing slipper bath and a beautiful shower room that was so beautiful decorated and relaxing I could of spent hours in the bath. While we were at the hotel we also took afternoon tea in the garden room and it was just wonderful. We are already planning to go back as we felt so relaxed after our visit.

1  Thank luann b
Ron T, General Manager at Coombe Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Good morning and very many thanks, for taking the time to write such a kind review, following your recent stay here at Coombe Abbey.
I was delighted to hear that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and will of course pass on your extremely kind comments, to the team here at the hotel.
I look forward to hopefully having the opportunity, of welcoming you back to Coombe Abbe,y at some point in the future.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at Coombe Abbey on 10th February 2013 to celebrate a friends birthday at their medievil banquet event - dressing up is a must. Our room was in the Park Priory which is a recently built, self contained 2 storey building with an excellent courtyard located to the rear of the hotel. Our room was on the ground floor and was truly magnificent, very spacious and had textile wall coverings that matched the bedding and a superb bathroom. The heating has individual controls. As we were part of a large party we had breakfast in a private room called the Walnut Room overlooking the gardens. The gardens are not large but very well designed and have lakes and a moat. There is a large country park on the estate to explore. The medievil banquet was great fun, the food was typical - 4 courses - soup, meat, more meat and dessert. Wine and mead are included but are not the best quality but that is part of the charm. Great entertainment although the accoustics were very poor and it was difficult at times to hear. They should invest in a better microphone system. It was busy in the communal areas due to a conference and a wedding, but Sunday morning was much quieter. If we were going to stay there on our own we would probably choose a weekday. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: The Park Priory is away from the main hotel and is much quieter and secluded but not the old part of...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ashley G
Ron T, General Manager at Coombe Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Good evening

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay here at Coombe Abbey.

I was delighted to hear that you had a most enjoyable stay and thoroughly enjoyed The Medieval Banquet that you attended. With regard to your comment concerning the microphones, please accept my personal apologies for this. However, I am pleased to confirm, that a new system has in fact been ordered and is due to be fitted in the very near future.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Coombe Abbey in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

Coombe Abbey

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coventry
Macdonald Ansty Hall
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa
Hogarths Hotel
Hogarths Hotel
#1 of 2 in Dorridge

Been to Coombe Abbey Hotel? Share your experiences!