“MOTEL, NOT HOTEL” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
“MOTEL, NOT HOTEL”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Very basic, room is very small and basic. The reception and restaurant is in a different building to the rooms, had to carry suitcases and bags up stairs, which wasn't handy at all. The pictures are very deceiving and makes the room look modern and roomy. Definitely wouldn't stay here again, it's more like a motel not a hotel. Couldn't wait to get home.

Room Tip: ask for a ground floor if you have problems with stairs
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Julian_Ward, General Manager at Ibis Coventry South, responded to this review, January 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding the hotel.

We are sorry to hear your didnt enjoy your stay at Ibis Coventry South.

We do value all our guest feedback and do aim to ensure that we meet guest expectations.

Julian Ward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Polish first
Deal, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

To start with, the postcode advertised does not take you to the hotel and it is poorly signposted; took me a further 25 minuted of driving around to find.
Now the room. It had one plug, which the tv was plugged into. Eventually they gave me an adapter but you have to use the kettle, short lead, on the floor which isn't particularly safe. The brown carpet had chewing gum trodden into it and I don't know what the brown stain on the toilet floor was... In the ground floor rooms you can hear everyone walking around in the corridor upstairs, you can hear toilets flush etc. and the lighting outside meant that I could still just about read a book with the curtains shut and lights off. Fire alarms at 1am and 5am no explanations no apologies. I checked out next day (meant to be a 6 day stay) - got no apologies from a scruffy and unhelpful member of staff. I would have preferred to sleep in my car in a layby...

Room Tip: Try Grove House B&B nearby.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Jonners B
Julian_Ward, General Manager at Ibis Coventry South, responded to this review, December 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding the hotel.

We are sorry to hear your didnt enjoy your stay at Ibis Coventry South, if you wish to speak to me regarding this matter please dont hesitate to contact me on 02476639922.

Wishaw
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

We spent two nights there to attend a wedding. Our arrival was late on the first night so we ate in. The food was basic, out a packet with a fresh salad, but at least it was a good packet. The room was small, clean with a good bed and fairly modern bathroom. The grounds!! A mess get them swept at least once a week. Breakfast was very basic – egg, bacon, sausage (a good sausage) and the normal cereal and toast etc.
Ok not great, but as a previous reviewer said ‘you get what you pay for’ and it was very cheap

Room Tip: The rooms are in a seperate building so facing reception is best for the car park.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SharonMcEvoy, General Manager at Ibis Coventry South, responded to this review, December 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding the hotel.

We do try to maintain our grounds and we understand this may need more than a weekly sweep at certain times of the year.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

West Midlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Used this hotel for 1 night to attend a wedding in Coventry.
Hotel wasn't the best but for the price we paid, it didn't really matter as we literally only slept there.
Ideal for business people with internet access and close proximity to local businesses.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding the hotel.

We are sorry to hear you didnt enjoy your stay here with us, we do value our guest feedback and do aim to ensure that we meet guest expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Christchurch, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

My trip to the U.K. and Paris was absolutely wonderful. I stayed in Ibis Hotels in Coventry and Paris. When I arrived at the Coventry South Ibis, I was dismayed with the room I was directed to. The toilet would not flush and had obviously been used before my arrival. I had to walk quite a distance back to reception (outside) and was directed to another room where the heater didn't work. I returned to reception and asked if they would phone the Ibis Hotel in the city to see if they had any accommodation. (I had done my bookings online from N.Z.) There was but the first night of my stay had to be in Formula One. I was tired after a long journey to reach Coventry (71 years old) and asked the receptionist if the payment I had made could be transferred. This was refused. I stayed in the other Ibis hotels and enjoyed every moment of it.

Room Tip: I am uncertain about booking online after my experience. A refund of the money paid to Ibis South Co...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
SharonMcEvoy, General Manager at Ibis Coventry South, responded to this review, November 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding the hotel.

We are sorry to hear you didnt enjoy your stay with us at the Ibis Coventry South

We do value our guest feedback and do aim to ensure that we meet guest expectations.

If you wish to talk to us further regarding your stay please dont hesitate to contact us on 02476639922.

We hope to see you in the future.