“Value for money”

Ibis Coventry South
Ranked #32 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We spent two nights there to attend a wedding. Our arrival was late on the first night so we ate in. The food was basic, out a packet with a fresh salad, but at least it was a good packet. The room was small, clean with a good bed and fairly modern bathroom. The grounds!! A mess get them swept at least once a week. Breakfast was very basic – egg, bacon, sausage (a good sausage) and the normal cereal and toast etc.
Ok not great, but as a previous reviewer said ‘you get what you pay for’ and it was very cheap

Room Tip: The rooms are in a seperate building so facing reception is best for the car park.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
SharonMcEvoy, General Manager at Ibis Coventry South, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding the hotel.

We do try to maintain our grounds and we understand this may need more than a weekly sweep at certain times of the year.

We do value all our guest feedback and do aim to ensure that we meet guest expectations.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Used this hotel for 1 night to attend a wedding in Coventry.
Hotel wasn't the best but for the price we paid, it didn't really matter as we literally only slept there.
Ideal for business people with internet access and close proximity to local businesses.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding the hotel.

We are sorry to hear you didnt enjoy your stay here with us, we do value our guest feedback and do aim to ensure that we meet guest expectations.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
SharonMcEvoy, General Manager at Ibis Coventry South, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Reviewed November 9, 2012

My trip to the U.K. and Paris was absolutely wonderful. I stayed in Ibis Hotels in Coventry and Paris. When I arrived at the Coventry South Ibis, I was dismayed with the room I was directed to. The toilet would not flush and had obviously been used before my arrival. I had to walk quite a distance back to reception (outside) and was directed to another room where the heater didn't work. I returned to reception and asked if they would phone the Ibis Hotel in the city to see if they had any accommodation. (I had done my bookings online from N.Z.) There was but the first night of my stay had to be in Formula One. I was tired after a long journey to reach Coventry (71 years old) and asked the receptionist if the payment I had made could be transferred. This was refused. I stayed in the other Ibis hotels and enjoyed every moment of it.

Room Tip: I am uncertain about booking online after my experience. A refund of the money paid to Ibis South Co...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding the hotel.

We are sorry to hear you didnt enjoy your stay with us at the Ibis Coventry South

We do value our guest feedback and do aim to ensure that we meet guest expectations.

If you wish to talk to us further regarding your stay please dont hesitate to contact us on 02476639922.

We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from staying one night at your hotel. No complaints about our room which was basic but adequate - could do with another waste bin as the only one is in the bathroom.. However the room was clean and the bed comfortable. However we had arranged for our son and his girlfriend to join us for an evening meal. My husband telephoned the hotel before we left home to book a table for 7pm and was told it was not necessary to book as they would not be busy on Saturday evening. On arival he asked again and was told the same. So we arrived at the hotel at 6.45. There was already two gentlemen in the restuant eating. It was obvious from the outset that the man in the resturant was on his own.

He took our order for drinks and then brought menus. We ordered 4 starters and 4 main courses. The starters began to arrive - mine came first - mini camembert with red onion chutney, about 15 minutes later the next two arrived - 2 prawn cocktails and then another 10 -15 minutes later my sons natchoes! In the mean time the waiter/chef/receptionist (one man 3 jobs) had sent for assistance and was joined by a young lady who arived wearing jeans, trainers and a shirt. The main meals then began to arrive - jacket potatoe with beans,the potatoe was not fully cooked and the lasagne,came together, 15 mins or so later came my lamb casserole, and another 10 mins went by and the jacket potatoe with prawns. The later was raw and sent back untouched, my vegetables were also uncooked and cold - sent back and came back still uncooked and rubbery! The result was that only my husbands meal was edible. At this point we decided to call it a day. We were given the excuse that he had already cooked two meals before we came in and was unusually busy for a Saturday night, There was a total of 7 people in the resturant - 2 ladies came in after us and their meal was left on the counter whilst the gentleman and young lady came to deal with us. After some discussion we paid for only what had been eaten and our drinks and left. This was very dissapointing and I have to say the worst experience in a resturant I have ever had. However we went in for breakfast this morning and our experience was totally different, the food was very nice and even though the young lady was working on her own she coped admirably. We would possibloy stay here again but would not attempt to have an evening meal.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
SharonMcEvoy, General Manager at Ibis Coventry South, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for your review. I have shared your feedback in regards to the meal with the restaurant team. We can assure you the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly. I will be also ensuring we are being correctly staffed at the weekend. I understand we did not charge you for the meal ? Thank you again for the feedback.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Staff are absolutely lovely and very helpful, but this place has no redeeming features. Firstly it is isolated it does look like 60's motel and the inside of the rooms reflect that theme as well. We had an awful nights sleep as you can hear very clearly people talking in their rooms,making love! showering, walking up and down the outdoor corridors of the first floor! The shower didn't quite get there with the hotness, there was a pube in our shower as well! The bed was very comfy. the TV had a good selection of channels but was a bit temperamental at times. I would not recommend anyone stay here on your own as things do literally go bump in the night! I only paid £34 and £39 for Friday and Saturday so very cheap, but I suggest paying the extra £15/20 and findings somewhere better!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

We thank you for your time
We do make it clear that our hotel is a motel style hotel via our websites and we are always available to help you if you have any concerns during your stay.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

As usual this hotel was first class, friendly staff and clean rooms
I always stay at Ibis hotels if possible and have stayed at this one several times as it near the motor racing stadium that I attend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
SharonMcEvoy, General Manager at Ibis Coventry South, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012