“looks cosy”

Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“looks cosy”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

The Hotel entrance is good,our room was clean&warm,the outside surroundings are nice & will look lovely in the summer,I found that it was very busy, there were two other trip buses aswell as ours,a wedding party,a charity do[with 320 guests alone],on arrival our first evening meal was dried up as it had been made long before we arrived for the other guests,we were pushed from one room to another for our other meals,very disorganised,the food was not to my liking,the entertainment was poor,I do not usually have to complain about my stays with National Holidays as I understand with prices you pay not to expect 5star,

Room Tip: we prefer ground floor as we are elderly,but higher may be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
RoyalCourtM, General Manager at Royal Court Hotel - Coventry, responded to this review, December 3, 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us, which I read with interest and concern. I do feel it is a shame you did not speak to our duty manager or indeed myself or my deputy as we could have resolved any issues and take great care to do so when something is brought to our attention

Thank you again for your constructive criticism your comments will be taken on board

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Polish first
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Upon reading the reviews on this website, initially I had concerns about having my wedding at this hotel, only due to my (now) husband, and some really good supportive work from Angela in the conference team as well as her keen and willing assistants we decided to go ahead with it at the hotel.

We drew upon their network of suppliers and recommended suppliers to draw up the wedding of our dreams, working superbly with LRS Productions to provide the greatest day of our lives, the staff were always keen and willing to offer help and support, and made it the day of any brides dreams. The events team (including Kay, Hayley and Angela) made the event easy to organise, answered all of my questions easily, provided me with so much support during a very stressful time.

The food was tasty, filling and more than worth the money, it was better than some of the expensive hotels that i have stayed at in the past, a credit to the chef! The banqueting manager ran the day superbly and was always available if required upon, the bar staff and waitresses were keen to help to any special requirements. All in all a fantastic day had by me and my husband, please if you do take these reviews to make a judgement upon having your special event at this hotel, please take our word for this this hotel with LRS productions will give you the event of your dreams and are worth every penny and more!

I would like recognition to be given to the following people, Angie and the events team, the gentleman who we believe was the banqueting manager - he looked after us all day, did the announcements and guided us through our programme of events, a duty manager (lady with blonde hair and glasses) who was always accommodating - she also helped us at breakfast time - a very busy lady but always had a smile for you. And lastly a gentleman with dark hair and glasses (sorry we didnt get your name) but he helped with our fire dancers and helped us recover all of the decorations on the morning after our event, he also gave support to my parents later to carry and sort cakes etc. A truly fab experience and for me I would recommend this hotel for a wedding any day. Excellent value for money - try and compare them to other overpriced hotels that rip you off for weddings and you will see what we mean! Pics are attached to support our fabulous review!

Room Tip: Book the executive/spa rooms for a better experience.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
RoyalCourtM, General Manager at Royal Court Hotel - Coventry, responded to this review, December 10, 2011
How wonderful of you to take the time to write this review when I know you were off on Honeymoon. It was a pleasure to host your wedding and can I say what a excellent wedding it was, you had certainly researched your theme and made it beautiful.

I am so pleased that your day was everything you dreamed it to be. All the team are so made up to be acknowledged and your wedding will long be talked of by everyone who had the opportunity to work it.

I would like to take this oppotunity to wish you a long and happy life together and say that you are a wonderful couple with such nice family and friends.

Best of luck and all good wishes from us here at the Royal Court.
merseyside
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We booked a one night stay with Travelzoo at a cost of £66. For the price we got and evening meal, breakfast, bottle of wine, admission to the leisure facilities and a room upgrade.
When we arrived a wedding party had also just arrived, so gave us something to watch throughout the afternoon. We booked our evening meal for 8.15 and sat and had a couple of drinks in the bar..........quite expensive!
The upgraded room was really nothing special, no nice view and the spa bath was really quite noisy. As someone mentioned earlier, you really can hear everyone else using the bathroom, which is quite annoying at 6.30 in the morning.
That night we went down to have a quiet drink before dinner.......it was never going to happen.
On arriving in reception we were greeted with over 100 guests waiting to to into one of the suites for there xmas party. We eventually made our way through them to arrive at the bar we had been to earlier, to only meet up with people from the wedding party.
There were no seats, had to wait 20 minutes to get served at the bar and then stand to have our drink. We gave up in the end and went in early for dinner, only to find it was still the same when we came out of the resatuarant, and ended up sitting on a ledge.
Perhaps it was just the time of year, but I really do expect a seat to enjoy my drink.
It wouldn't put me off going again, but after Xmas would probably be better.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased to read that you found our hotel to be a value for money, I believe that your feed back is honest and balanced and I wish to thank you so much.

I have taken on board the comments you have made and will endeavour to continue to improve standards and service.

Once again thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
crlawrence
Reviewed November 27, 2011

we booked a cheap weekend break through travel zoo £130 for 2 nights for 2 people with a room upgrade.
we got a three course meal each night a free bottle of wine and also entrance to the health club when you break it down you cant complain too much,so bear that in mind.
restaurant staff very friendly and helpful it was a carvery meal both nights,we had bar meals at lunchtime and found them very good value for money.
you have to remember its ideal for a cheap weekend break but dont set your limits too high,it was clean but also looked tired in places but i understand a constant refurb in ongoing.
the only real negative point was the bathrooms of other rooms once one person was up you were all up either the noise of the flushing of the toilet the shower or the spa bath which is noisy,i certainly would not say dont go there just give it a go for a cheapie.
one thing i will not forget on arrival at the room was the smell of the duvet cover,it smelt so fresh well done to whovere does the laundry

Reviewed November 26, 2011

Dont go when thet have a wedding or other function on. Other guests seem to be a hindrance for the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Leader2
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We stayed at the royal court hotel for a weekend break fri 18th nov, we booked through travel zoo and paid £111 pound for the both of us which gave us room, Breakfast, 3 course Carvery. 2 bottles of free wine And use of spindles leisure club. What great value for money, the hotel is very big and had 4 coaches staying at the time we were there. Friday& Saturday night after a great meal there was a quiz, bingo and music. There was also a wedding at the hotel on Saturday but the hotel is so big you hardly saw them. Breakfast was good, and all the staff helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and warm and the bathroom had been fully tilled to a high standard. Tv was old and had poor reception. But we had a fantastic time and would go back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
RoyalCourtM, General Manager at Royal Court Hotel - Coventry, responded to this review, November 26, 2011
Thank you so much for your lovely review, it is alwasy nice when people take the time to let the staff know when they have done a good job, and for this I thank you.

I do hope you will return one day and look forward to seeing you again
Best regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2011

If your aged 60+ go for it. but I'm 39 and was well out of place as it's like an old people's home it's full of old people and wheel chairs I'm not being disrespectful to the old but my room stunk of wee and lavender . Never again

• Stayed November 2011
RoyalCourtM, Manager at Royal Court Hotel - Coventry, responded to this review, December 3, 2011
It is difficult to respond to this review as again no room number given, no full name so cannot check on the system, and no date. I personnaly believe this to be offensive and unnecessary and really not worthy of reply.