All reviewsricoh arenaseparate toiletnational holidaysdrayton manordouble bedevening mealcar parkone night staycoach tripwould stay againvery pleasant stayweekend breakthe ground floorbar areanight's sleepwedding receptionshort stay
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

Had a national holidays break over a weekend (28th April) and stayed at this hotel. Very nicely refurbished. Check out the bathroom mirror and the quirky reading lights. Sometimes on national holidays we don’t always get the best treatment. I think that might be because it’s a cheap break. But this time we had lovely rooms, very friendly and obliging staff at reception and in the restaurant and the food was plentiful and very good. Very enjoyable.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
NovotelCoventry, Manager at Novotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your lovely feedback.
We are very happy that you like our newly refurbished rooms and hotel and hope you choose to return in the future.

Reviewed May 6, 2018

Stayed for one night with my father , brother and two kid.
We arrived way too early(9.30) for check in hoping they could hold on to our bags or something until they were able to check us in. After talking to the receptionist and house keeping they actually arranged two rooms for us straight away to allow us to get some sleep as we had been travelling since 2.30 that morning. Very grateful for this as we were all exhausted. Rooms were nice and clean. Slight issue on checking out as the safe would not open and we were in a rush to catch a flight. it seemed like they did not have a key to open the safe so had to call someone in to open it. Might need to look into this to prevent this happening in the future but overall a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
NovotelCoventry, Manager at Novotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for leaving us your feedback.
Unfortunately for security reasons we are not allowed to train everyone on how to override the safes but we will definitely look into the issue being easier and quicker to resolve in the future.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night with National Holidays. Yes the hotel is undergoing refurbishment, my room was one of the older ones not yet upgraded, a little shabby but clean and comfortable. Had evening meal which was very good in lovely dining room and excellent breakfast with plently of choices. Nice bar area and lovely outside area with tables. The staff are great and very pleasant.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.
Hopefully should you return here you will be able to use one of our new rooms.

Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights for business. Called the hotel earlier in the day, informing them that I would be checking in late. Arrived at the hotel at 23:00 to find the reception desk unmanned.

After a minute or so a pleasant clerk appeared (after seeing me on camera no doubt) and found my reservation with ease and gave me my key. Asked if I had stayed before, I said no, he proceeded to kindly direct me to the lifts and provided both breakfast and dinner timings. There was a small fitness centre along the hallway.

My room was on the first floor and of the adjoining type. Overall cleanliness was OK. It's an old hotel and going through some much needed refurbishment. The shower room and toilet were separate, not ideal. Some dated details in the room that really should be taken care of. The shower handle was peeling and therefore felt dirty and uncomfortable to hold and the flush handle was coming off the wall.

There was no air conditioning but a fan was provided. There was tea/coffee making facilities in the room and an ironing board in the closet and hair dryer by the TV. Nice to see a power socket with integrated USB ports by the desk. Would be good to have these by the bed as well. The reading light switch was rather temperamental.

The TV was well positioned but the interface was poor. The guide did not show what was on and you therefore had to select each channel to see what was on. The volume was restricted to '23' which was not loud enough at times but presumably to avoid disturbing other guests.

Bed and pillows were very comfortable and I slept well both days. Additionally pillows were provided in the cupboard.

Breakfast overall was very, very poor by Novotel standards. Day one - no hot buffet but was given the option to order. I declined and had the 'cold' offering. The milk for the cereal had a really strange taste, the orange juice had settled in the jug and again tasted strange. Bread and croissant were standard. Coffee was provided at the table and was nice.

Day 2 - Hot buffet was being offered. Beans, Mushrooms and scrambled eggs were served in big pots that were burning hot to the touch. Serviettes were wrapped around the handle on the lid which still didn't suffice. The mushrooms and scrambled eggs were inedible. In addition I had some sunny side up fried eggs which were nice.

I had a business dinner with a supplier at the hotel. Whilst not being busy, the service was slow but the bar staff were pleasant and happy to help. I ordered the vegetarian burger (one of only a few veggie options) and after 5 minutes approached at the table to be informed they didn't have it in stock. Had to settle for a vegetarian pizza which was OK but very oily.

Overall it's an OK hotel for a short stay. Once refurbishment is complete, it should raise the standards. The hotel offers free parking and is positioned close to the motorway and Ricoh Arena.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
NovotelCoventry, Manager at Novotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for your detailed review.
With Breakfast being the most important meal of the day, I am disappointed to read of this as we don't really get comments regarding a bad breakfast.
We hope you choose to return in the future.

Reviewed April 24, 2018

I had a one night stay at this hotel on Saturday 21st of April 2018 there was 6 of us staying and we all agree from start to finish we had a great stay the entrance clean and tidy and so is the rest of the hotel also the rooms very clean all you need is in the room including a fan and iron tea coffee the bathroom spotless as for the food it was excellent that also includes the breakfast we had so they have a good chef as for the staff they could not have been any more helpful we asked for something it was done you did not have to ask a second time we all agreed we would stay again without question so I would say to the manager and staff just keep doing what your doing and you can't go wrong as for a bit of after well that's not going to keep any of us awake at night especially if you have had a nice drink in the bar ignore the negative comments and enjoy your stay

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
4  Thank johnboy38

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback.
It is such a pleasure to read a review that actually reflects our hotel and the service we provide.
During our refurb we are trying extra hard to ensure the hotel is clean and tidy and the services we offer are of the highest standard so we appreciate the fact that someone can reflect this instead of turning it into a negative.
We really hope to see you again at Novotel Coventry.
kind Regards