All reviewsricoh arenaseparate toiletnational holidaysdrayton manordouble bedevening mealcar parkone night staycoach tripwould stay againvery pleasant stayweekend breakthe ground floorbar areanight's sleepwedding receptionshort stay
Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

Well aside from there being ongoing building work that wasn't communicated before booking, the rooms were dated and not the cleanest, the WiFi wasn't great, there was no soft drinks in the room, and other guests were left to wonder the halls drunk braying on doors and shouting at 3am without anyone answering the phone in reception!
And on that note I also had to move furniture to try to call the reception desk as the phone was unplugged!

To top it off one of the other rooms out company had booked had what can only be described as a white stain on the chair!

Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
NovotelCoventry, Manager at Novotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2018

Dear Guest
The on-going building work in which you refer too is to renovate our bedrooms and therefor eliminate your complaint of them being dated.
We do not advertise soft drinks in our rooms as these are not provided.
On any occasion whereby there is a disturbance in our corridors we would always try our best to eliminate this as soon as possible.
If there was no answer at the time you called it was probably because our night audit was actually already up there dealing with the complaint.

Reviewed February 24, 2018

Had a pleasant Saturday night stay on a booking with National Holidays. Checked in very efficiently and with a warm welcome. The room was a little dated but very clean and the shower was good and powerful and the king bed was comfy. Enjoyed a three course meal in the restaurant as part of our deal and a big breakfast in the morning. We found all the staff throughout the hotel to be very friendly. No complaints all at.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank cazcam48
NovotelCoventry, Manager at Novotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review.
It is a pleasure to receive such comments.

Reviewed February 20, 2018

The reception and bar area were nicely decorated but when you move on from there that's when it starts to go down hill. The reception area was not manned and had to wait 10 minutes before a member of staff came to check me in. The lift was very old and worn out. The room was average at best. It is in a good location for the Motorway which was a major plus point.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business

Dear Guest
On your recent visit you would of seen that the bedrooms are now under refurbishment too which will eliminate your points raised.
Regards

Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

I’m not one to give out 2 star reviews but honestly I can’t bring myself to give this hotel any more . So after arriving here and waiting 25 minutes for the desk to manned my stay so far has been less than accommodating. On arrival I wasn’t advised about the lifts being out of action and the building work being undergone . There was however a polite notice on A4 paper in the reception advising of some disruption. However prices of the hotel don’t reflect the amount of disruption . Dust everywhere and the constant drilling throughout the day has made it impossible to relax or even make phone calls during a working day . I thought the understaffing was a glitch but still had to wait 15 minutes to hand back the gym key .
To the management - 1 advise on booking that you can’t possibly do any business in the hotel between 8 and 5 due to the noise . 2 Make sure your pricing reflects the disruption . 3 Put staff on the desk who stay on the desk , you are billed as a business hotel but frankly your business provisions are poor .
We all understand modernisation requires to be done at some point but actually DO SOMETHING to compensate your customers for the disruption .
This hotel has the potential to be quite nice as it’s well located and spacious but the forethought and planning along with the lack of consideration and overpricing would really reconsider staying here ever again .

Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
NovotelCoventry, Manager at Novotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Dear Guest
Our lifts are not currently out of action and the refurbishment work going on is having minimal disruption to our guests at all.
The signage that is out is an extra notice for guests but they each receive a letter regarding what is going on.
There is no dust in public areas as the only work going on is ground floor bedrooms and therefore the corridors are blocked off during work hours.
The drilling has to done, however does not affect guests in the lounge area or while relaxing as they have to finish by 5pm each day.
You mention the times waiting for reception however I have checked CCTV and cannot see any occasion where you waited 25 or 15 minutes.
The hotel is fully operational during the working day and there is no need to compensate guests when we still offer the same standard of service as we did before.

Reviewed February 7, 2018

Just need a hotel near Coventry, and couldnt get in the place I stayed at last week.
Have stayed in Novatel's before and they are an OK chain.
Greeted with an empty reception desk - nothing in itself wrong with that - and a notice to say that there were renovations from bottom upwards in operation and drilling between 9am and 5pm only.
Was booked in, then walked through a building site to the lift for my room on the second floor. Lift dirty and extremely slow and ricketty - I was fearful of getting to my room.
Room size good, but a bit dated, so I'm sure will be better after works have been completed.
Bed comfortable, but there was a constant drone/whine outside which made it diffficult to get to sleep and woke me up periodically through the night - not good. No way that window could be left open for some fresh air.
I think for the work that was going on there should be a warning on the website.
Need to check my bill for parking - seen a few comments here - if I have been charged then wont be back, dont agree with out of town sole hotel use carpark charges.
Drilling started at 8.20am.

Room Tip: Perhaps better to book after the renovations
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
NovotelCoventry, Manager at Novotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback.
We are advising people of the works going on when they arrive at the hotel and it is only currently the ground floor so not affecting any other area.
The lift can only be accessed via the ground floor and we are again advising people to use the stairs.
The site works do not begin before 9am in terms of drilling and loud noise and we have management on site to ensure this does not happen.
The car parking is chargeable to everyone who stays here as notified on our websites and on entering the car park.
Regards