“Week end in coventry”

Novotel Coventry
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Spent a nice time in Coventry, the hotel is very pleasant and despite having a wedding I heard nothing.
The restaurant was good except my dessert , a truffle which I found poor. the waiter had a good sense of humour. Coventry is 10 minutes away and we visited the cathedral bombed by the Germans in the second World War as ell as the Car Museum.
will not hesitate to return.
parking was free despite signage sowing it was a pay car park.

Room Tip: Ask for views on the gardens
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
NovotelCoventry, General Manager at Novotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Dear Reviewer

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at Novotel Coventry. Direct guest feedback is very much appreciated as this assists us in monitoring the services and standards which we offer to our guests, enabling us to constantly strive to improve and maintain them and where necessary take remedial action through training and maintenance.

I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming back in the not too distant future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Stayed here with our dog on our way back north from France. Booked via internet - double room for £39 & took the offer of an upgradefor an extra £5. Reception was very smart and the staff professional and competent. The room itself was large, with a queen bed and sofa and was very clean. We ordered room service, but were a little disappointed at the price - the two meals came to nearly as much as the stay itself! The bed was very very comfortable and we had a great night's sleep. I was amazed that the cost of the room included breakfast, which had everything on offer you could wish for... The only complaints I would mention is you have to pay to park and to use WiFi, other than that a great place to stay.

Dear Reviewer

If I could only express my deepest empathy in regards to our food and beverage tariffs however the tariffs are set regionally for all Novotel hotels in the United Kingdom.

My only objective is to renew your faith in the prices provided by Novotel Coventry, with this in mind I look forward to welcoming back in the not too distant future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed September 5, 2011

In general the Hotel was good and the staff helpful, the room and bathroom were clean and it was a very good value at £39.50 including a breakfast. The only thing that let the hotel down was the cost of the internet which I decided not to take up because of the charge , and the fact that you were charged £4.00 for overnight parking although the hotel could only be reached by car being near the motorway and the car park was very large. It is unfortunate that Accor Group is following the lead from budget airlines charging extras where ever possible.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
NovotelCoventry, General Manager at Novotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
With reference to the additonal charges you mentioned, the internet is provided by a sub provider and not the hotel, therefore there is a charge directly to the supplier of varying degrees depemdant on the usage. The car park barrier is in situ for the safety of the guest vehicles.
I was pleased to read your enjoyed your stay with us and i hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Novotel Coventry again int he future.
Best Regards

Reviewed August 28, 2011

An amazing hotel, that couldn't do enough to make our stay extremely comfortable. I stayed here with my 3 and 4 year old and from the moment we arrived the hotel staff were pleasant, polite and friendly. Our room was airy and spacious and very clean. The complimentary gifts the children received on checking in were fantastic and the breakfast was out of this world and according to my son the best breakfast he had ever eaten. Parking was very easy with Parent and Child spaces near the entrance to the hotel. I can not recommend this hotel enough to family's with young children and will definitely be booking it again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank NettieN

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us here at Novotel Coventry.
Feedback from our guests is very important to ensure we maintain a good level of service.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and i hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you all back to Novotel Coventry again in the future.
Best Regards

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Room clean and spacious. Comfortable bed. Very modern bathroom, but fancy bath plug didn't work! Had to pull out by hand. Breakfast good, but dining room had uncleared tables despite only one other guest than me. Staff polite and helpful. Cooked me fresh poached eggs, but bacon and sausages had been on the buffet for some time. Fruit juice was warm. Croissants and breads very good. Tried to charge me for £4 for parking despite been told by evening staff when I checked in I would get a token. Given a token in the end! Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us, guest feedback is very important to us to ensure we can constantly improve any shortfall in service.
Your comments have been discussed with the teams involved and the necessary re-training has been given.
Thank you agin for posting your review and we hope we can welcome you back to novotel coventry again in the future.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Great weekend break at a great price when we booked on the internet. The staff were really friendly and made us feel at home after a long journey. They made every effort to make us happy even offering to book our taxi's and make dinner bookings.

Dear Guest
Thnak you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Novotel Coventry. I am very peased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we can welcome you back again in the future.
Your comments will be shared with my team.
Regards

Reviewed August 16, 2011

We spent one overnight here after a day at Drayton Manor before heading further south to visit friends - 2 adults plus 2 kids, aged 9 & 6, in a family room. I can't recommend the hotel highly enough. From the moment we walked through the door, the staff couldn't have been more welcoming, helpful and just downright pleasant! The chap on the desk even welcomed us by name before I said who we were, so was obviously on top of who he was expecting that evening. He also offered to help us with our bags.

The place is spotless and the reception area and bar done in a lovely art deco style. Lots of little areas to sit and even a Wii station for the kids.

Rooms more than adequate and, again, spotless. The sofa bed was already made up for our kids, unlike my last 2 stays at a Travelodge where the sheets had been left but we had to make up the bed ourselves. I loved that the loo is physically separate from the bathroom - very practical with small kids in tow.

The breakfast was lovely - my son couldn't believe it was all there for him to choose from and, again, the staff were so pleasant and helpful.

The large grassy garden at the back was lovely as well for morning coffee in the sun while the kids played on the swing/slide/climbing frame. It's easily big enough for a great kick around with a football if only we had had more time.

We got the night including breakfast for £39.50 which was brilliant value. As someone else said, I did object to the 'hidden' car park charge. It was only £4 for the entire duration of your stay and it's not the amount per se but the fact that it's advertised at £39.50 but is, in fact, £43.50 as you have no alternative but to park there.

We have recommended the hotel to anyone who has sat still long enough to listen to us and will definitely return on our regular trips between Ayrshire and Essex/Kent.

Many thanks to all who made our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
NovotelCoventry, General Manager at Novotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at Novotel Coventry. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, direct guest feedback is very much appreciated as this assists us in monitoring the services and standards which we offer to our guests, enabling us to constantly strive to improve and maintain them, and where necessary take remedial action through training and maintenance. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and hope to welcome you in the not too distant future.

Yours faithfully,