Was looking for a cheap deal to treat the other half for easter but didn't want to travel far so picked this hotel as prevoius experiances had been great and there was a great 1 night deal online of £69 B&B for easter Saturday. Again the hotel hasn't let me down. The checkin was quick and freindly, although the wine I had ordered to be in the room on arrival wasn't there, 1 phone call and 5 mins later it was, without fuss or question and a note from the front desk lady to say sorry.
Our room was in the new wing and although a walk from the front of the hotel was worth it as the room was great with flat screen TV (Although as mentioned before only basic sky channels)and a nice sofa area so we could spread out.
We ate in the verve grill and although it seemed very busy the young staff coped very well dealing with my wife's fussy requests. The food was cooked just right and was value for money. (2 dine for £29) a bonus in this type of hotel. The hotel bar was very busy as the football was on but again the staff coped well and were very friendly in taking the time to speak to us whilst serving. There did seem to be an issue later on in the night with a drunken Guest but that seemed to be dealt with quickly and professionally before it became a problem for other guests so credit to the bar staff for dealing with it (In fact I don't think anyone else noticed it, but only because we were sat by the door did we).
Breakfast Sunday was very busy but we did go just before they stop serving but again the staff seemed to be handling the guests and coping well. The pool area again was very busy with lots of Children (Easter Sunday I guess) but it didn't put us off as we sat on the lounges area reading the free Sunday papers until it emptied a little and then spent a very relaxing 2 hours in the pool, steam room and spa pool.
All in all a very busy but what seemed to be well run hotel. I have been here a few times now and it has never let me down and I would have no issues staying again and hope to do so again in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Coventry is located just 5 minutes from Coventry City Centre and an ideal location for accessing the M42 - M6 - M5 and M40 motorways. Birmingham International Airport is 10 miles away and Coventry Train Station just 2 miles. Nearby attractions include Warwick Castle, Bull Ring Shopping Centre and Planet ice skating rink. Village Hotel Coventry has 146 comfortable bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Squash Court, 25 metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Village Hotel Coventry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Club Coventry
- Village Hotel Leisure Coventry
- Hotel Village Coventry