“Overpriced but overall an ok visit.”
Review of The Shilton Arms

The Shilton Arms
Ranked #36 of 617 Restaurants in Coventry
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Menu needs updating and prices need reviewing. The Shilton was pretty much empty so service was quick. However I could over hear staffs personal conversations 'last night I did this...,' very unprofessional. Food was ok but nothing special.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Have now eaten here a few times - service is more like a restaurant rather than a bar meal. It's a bit pricey but as the saying goes you get what you pay for. Last visit was on Friday - had one of the specials - seafood tagialtelli - was a little disappointed as it said it was in a white wine sauce which it clearly wasn't - the waiter queried this with the chef who confirmed it should read in a mornay sauce and apologised - offered me a free dessert and boy it was delicious.
We eat out a lot and this pub will certainly remain on our radar for the foreseeable future as there is so much to try on the menu!
Would recommend that you give it a whirl - but ring to reserve a table first - it's very popular!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

table booked for saturday night at 7.30 pm for eight, service excellent, not rushed did not leave until 11.30 pm - good selection on menu - local ales, good cider only slight issue my sisterf in laws and my fillet steaks were over cooked but everything else excellent - would definately return - recommend booking to ensue a seat

Reviewed July 19, 2012

nice food but pricey great outdoors play area for 2 and 3 year olds

Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife and I have had pub lunches in many different places and have so often been disappointed - but not here. This was the most enjoyable pub lunch we've ever had and I'd booked it without having been before.

Twelve people (3 kiddies), a mix of family and friends had a thoroughly good 2 course meal (no-one had room for a third course). Everyone ate everything and that wasn't easy. The food was hot, plentiful, well presented and as ordered (which amazed me as I'd heard everyone order). There was not one negative comment or word of complaint within our party. Typical comments were, 'This is really hot', 'It's nice to all be served together', 'It's a combination I wouldn't have thought of and it works great', 'This is really nice'.

With attentive table service, there was no need to queue for drinks at the bar. Everything was done with smiles and friendliness from the moment we walked in. We weren't the only party taking place and there were people at most tables. We weren't rushed and we were made to feel our experience mattered.

I have to say that on arrival I was a little concerned because it isn't a big place (although the garden and play area is quite large), and it's appearance doesn't impress, but it just proves that you should never judge by appearance alone.

I thought the meal prices seemed near the higher end of the pub grub market but the bill for all food and drinks we consumed (and given the quality and service), I was very pleasantly surprised. Well worth every penny. We will definitely be going there again.

I highly recommend you try it for yourself when in the area. If you prefer a modern plastic pub chain or high class experience, avoid it. If you like a personalised, old pub, great value for money food experience then go for it, with or without children.