“family celebration night”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Coventry, United Kingdom
“family celebration night”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

table booked for saturday night at 7.30 pm for eight, service excellent, not rushed did not leave until 11.30 pm - good selection on menu - local ales, good cider only slight issue my sisterf in laws and my fillet steaks were over cooked but everything else excellent - would definately return - recommend booking to ensue a seat

• Visited July 2012

bedworth
“great 4 kids on sunny days”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

nice food but pricey great outdoors play area for 2 and 3 year olds

Visited July 2012
Warwickshire
“Excellent Pub Food. Friendly Service. Good Atmosphere.”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife and I have had pub lunches in many different places and have so often been disappointed - but not here. This was the most enjoyable pub lunch we've ever had and I'd booked it without having been before.

Twelve people (3 kiddies), a mix of family and friends had a thoroughly good 2 course meal (no-one had room for a third course). Everyone ate everything and that wasn't easy. The food was hot, plentiful, well presented and as ordered (which amazed me as I'd heard everyone order). There was not one negative comment or word of complaint within our party. Typical comments were, 'This is really hot', 'It's nice to all be served together', 'It's a combination I wouldn't have thought of and it works great', 'This is really nice'.

With attentive table service, there was no need to queue for drinks at the bar. Everything was done with smiles and friendliness from the moment we walked in. We weren't the only party taking place and there were people at most tables. We weren't rushed and we were made to feel our experience mattered.

I have to say that on arrival I was a little concerned because it isn't a big place (although the garden and play area is quite large), and it's appearance doesn't impress, but it just proves that you should never judge by appearance alone.

I thought the meal prices seemed near the higher end of the pub grub market but the bill for all food and drinks we consumed (and given the quality and service), I was very pleasantly surprised. Well worth every penny. We will definitely be going there again.

I highly recommend you try it for yourself when in the area. If you prefer a modern plastic pub chain or high class experience, avoid it. If you like a personalised, old pub, great value for money food experience then go for it, with or without children.

• Visited June 2012
Welwyn, United Kingdom
“Good menu, big portions, high quality, somewhat pricey”
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

We have been going to the Ansty Arms for over 20 years now, as my father-in-law lives a few doors down from the pub. It has always provided a good atmosphere, good food and very friendly staff. Portions rather big, but nicely presented and doggy bags provided on request. Can get very cramped and noisy, but well worth visiting. Large car park at rear. Toilets clean. Sister pub a mile down the road in Ansty not as nice, in my opinion, although ok.

“Great value for money!”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

First visit staff were friendly drinks reasonably priced and great choice of menus. Left feeling nice and full and making plans to visit again. Thanks guys.