“Forgettable”

Cocked Hat
Ranked #407 of 568 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This place is at the moment on your system as a hotel,however I eat here on a regular bases in the restaurant and I have to say the food is excellent,especially the steak !!
“Forgettable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Bland food, good prices mixed atmosphere. Pub food, ok quality would go if no where else was available

• Visited April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Coventry, United Kingdom
“ok for cheap and cheerful but have had quite a few problems”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I live 5 minutes from the cocked hat so its ideal for a meal out, my husband and i how ever had a few problems on several occasions, we vistied with family for his birthday in November and waited 1hr 30 min for food, i also went for luch with my mother in law and we did the lunch club where you get a main course and a dessert, we ordered and couldn't believe it when 10 minutes later the waiter brought out dessert when we hadn't even had our main. they apologised and sorted it out but our main course hadn't even been prepared, I visited here again and they gave mine and my husbands meal to another table because by coincidence we had ordered the same meals, i wouldn't have minded but they arrived 20 min after us and left before the mistake was realised and we had our food, this all happened at the end of last year and we were extremley concerned as we had put a deposit down for christmas day and were seriously considering forfeiting it, but we went with our family and it was a pleasent surprise, the food was lovely the service was excellent and there were no problems, so yes they are capable of it if they put their mind to it,

• Visited November 2012
“annoyed!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Really annoying when you have to wait 20mins in the queue to wait 40 mins for dinner to come out when two tills were available and 1 member of staff on. Went back up to order dessert and once again had to wait 20 mins to be served. Really should put two people on the food till when the queue is long. Won't be going again on a Bank Holiday.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank caroline l
England
“Food and Drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Here is a place where I have popped in to have a quick drink or had my sons birthday gathering. Its a family pub with a good atmosphere. Had a bad experience with a meal and they made up for it with a voucher. I was content with this but dont let that put you off.

Visited October 2012
“Good food good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Came here with my wife at lunch time for a meal the food was very nice the portions are a good size the staff are helpful and friendly. The bar and restaurant area is comfortable to have a meal or just a drink.

• Visited April 2013