“Pleasant Surprise”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Coventry South (A45) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Welcoming reception area - light and fresh. Great team of people who treat you as an individual - not a corporate statistic. Very comfortable and clean room, with no noise disturbance at all. Excellent value breakfast - particularily the scrambled eggs - Mmm. If there is a negative it's the pub/restaurant - it's OK but a bit limited on the menu - I just wanted a light pasta meal - but sadly not a lot of choice in that area - otherwise was OK. The hotel though, could not be faulted. Well done the Coventry South team!

Room Tip: Didn't ask for any specific room - but the room allocated was perfect - it overlooked the carpar...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Myself and 5 other members of my family stayed here for my son's graduation ceremony at University of Warwick. It was my first stay in a Premier Inn and I'll be honest and say my expectations were not very high. Wow, how wrong could I have been. I was extremely impressed with the high level of customer service - all the staff were friendly and efficient. The rooms were incredibly clean with all the facilities you would need and expect. A big thank you to all who made our stay such an enjoyable one.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I was sceptical about the adverts for Premier Inn, as so much advertising fails to honestly reflect the product or service being sold these days. However , my partner & i were delighted with the experience of staying at the Premier Inn near Coventry. It was modern, very clean , & well priced. We had the continental breakfast & this was great too. Can't recommend them enough.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
premierCoventry, General Manager at Premier Inn Coventry South (A45) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on our standards and we are pleased that we met your expectaions. I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will be staying again.

Reviewed May 22, 2011

A well positioned budget hotel with plenty of free car parking. A warm friendly smile greated us and the staff could not have been more helpful. The room was fresh and clean with good facilities though the shower gel dispenser was empty.

The breakfast staff we friendly and we had the continental option which was good. Later arrivals for breakfast found the fruit salad low. There did seem to be a problem getting cooked breakfasts out all together for larger families.

Room Tip: All rooms seem OK.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
premierCoventry, General Manager at Premier Inn Coventry South (A45) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2011

Thank you for your comments.
we will address the issues that you have brought to our attention and will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 4, 2011

For good, reliable accommodation at an affordable price anywhere in the country, you can't beat it. All the frills you need and none of the ones you don't. Easy access to the town centre and the motorways, good, safe parking and a reasonable Harvester next door (plus an M&S garage shop opposite). Not as down-market as Travelodge, very comfortable rooms and friendly, helpful staff. Of the dozen Premier Inns we've stayed in, every one has been of a similar standard so far. No unpleasant surprises, which is worth a lot when you've driven all day in the pouring rain in an old convertible car!

Room Tip: Book online for best prices
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2009

Booked in to the Premier Inn Coventry A45 to visit my daughter at Warwick University. Checked in about 9pm. Reception was very polite and welcoming. The room was very nice. My only complaint would be that I really wanted a twin bed room as I had my daughter stayin g the night but I don't think they had any twin rooms available. The online booking hadn't given me the option of booking a twin double room. However, I can't fault anything else.Room and bathroom were very clean. Temperature in room was easily increased or decreased and very comfortable. The continental breakfast had a great selection including porridge, toast , cerals, fruit, coissants, cakes, fruit juice, tea, coffee etc. Would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2009

Stayed here as I was attending a course at Warwick Uni.

The room was of adequate size and looked clean. The bathroom however stank of stale urine.

The location was fantastic for me as only five minutes drive away from the Uni.

The main problem when I stayed was being woken up twice by the fire alarm going off at 01.30am twice. The noise was unbearable. I got up and overheard other guests saying that they had been down to reception and was told that it was a false alarm. I rang reception and got told the same thing. No explanation or apology given.

When I checked out the next morning, again no apology was given until I mentioned it. I was told that it wasdue to an employee burning some toast they were making in the night.

I think that due to the interuppted sleep and worry, an apology would have been nice without a prompt needed first.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business