“Pleasant and friendly pub.”
Review of The Burnt Post

The Burnt Post
Ranked #68 of 582 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: British, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasant and friendly pub.”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Visited on 3rd March (Sunday) with husband, Mum and children, sat in the very pleasant family dining area and had a lovely roast dinner. Staff very polite and attentive, nothing too much trouble for them, young woman server very cheerful and friendly to our kids, no problems at all. Would recommend this pub to families and we will be returning on Mothers Day for lunch with the rest of our family.

• Visited March 2013

• Polish first
“We won't be back”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We visited this pub today with our two young children , early evening and busy. Staff were very unfriendly..one told us she didn't think children should be in there..this is supposed to be a family friendly pub! Food was mediocre.. Locals shouting at the bar that kids shouldnt be in there..felt so unwelcomeManager apologetic but we certainly won't return ...avoid this place.

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Family friendly - except for the other customers.”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I recently went for an early dinner as she was visiting for the day and having just moved to the area myself I wanted to try my 'local'. I have to say the staff were fantastic, absolutely lovely and couldn't do enough for us. We were having a lovely night until some of the 'regulars' arrived. Our children were well behaved, and sat quietly in the corner of the pub, (and I know everyone says that but I genuinely mean it), where the staff had allocated us a table. Unbeknownst to us that the area wasn't the 'designated family area', we were then subjected to vile abuse and horrible snide comments, despite the fact that it was 7 pm and a Saturday night. I absolutely implore the managers to stand up to these vile bigots and explain to them that they do not own the pub, run the pub or have rights to any area within it. If they want to be family friendly perhaps they should let their customers know. Absolutely disgusting, I've lived all over the world and have never ever been so disgusted by someone's behaviour towards a child. Such a shame when the food was fantastic and the staff were so lovely. We shan't be returning and I have to say if the people of Coventry are all like this, I'm moving back to Bristol. I am ashamed to have taken my friend to such a place.

1 Thank Dinky129
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Great local pub with a warm”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We moved to Coventry about six months ago and wanted to find a good "local". We tried many pubs in our area but keep coming back to The Burnt Post. It is a very welcoming pub with a great atmosphere and although it is one of a chain of Ember Inns, it isn't "themey" at all.

There is a young team behind the bar and they are all very friendly and polite and give great service.

can't fault the food at all, me and my husband ate there a few nights ago and he had his usual steak which was cooked exactly how he likes it and I had a flatbread with pulled pork which was delicious, I've had the curry platter too on the curry night and that is amazing, very generous portions with rice, poppadum AND naan bread.

I would say watch out for the the chocolate brownies though, far too addictive!

All in all a great local, good value for money and a warm welcome.

• Visited February 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great pub......great food.......great atmosphere”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Recommended this pub by a friend. It was fantastic!! Staff were friendly, helpful and professional. Atmosphere really good. Food was brilliant with very reasonable prices. What impressed me most was how the manager, bea, worked the floor all evening. Brilliant....thank you!!!

• Visited February 2013