“Very nice to to waste time here.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Italia

Cafe Italia
Ranked #44 of 570 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe, European, British
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Very nice to to waste time here.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Lots of lovely food and coffee can be had here. Been here a couple of times recently and I'd reccomend it to anyone! Fairly reasonable prices too.

• Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
“One of the best cafes in Coventry!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I absolutely love this place! I have been back many times due to the excellent food, excellent coffee, value for money and friendly staff. Nice cosy and quirky decor, the full English with pot of tea for £5.95 is fantastic! A great place to come for a quick snack, or a larger meal with friends. Or just chill out and relax. 5*******

1 Thank Markbailey1
Coventry, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem in Coventry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have visited this Cafe on many occasions and I can honestly say the food is excellent, the service is brilliant and the coffee is better than any other major coffee house chains. The staff are always accommodating to our needs, at times we have grandchildren with us and room is made to take in a pushchair. They have an extensive menu that caters for all types, and children meals are just brilliant home made taste. I cannot praise this cafe enough, if your in Coventry ever... pop into the Cafe on Trinity Street, near to Sainsury's in the town centre, you'll never be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
london
“The worst experience in a italian cafe so far.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Very poor customer service, staff don`t speak well english and barely understand the meaning of words, owner was even rude and couldnt take complaints in regards to the terrible food that they cooked. One of the waitress was trying to talk me out of buying soup explaining me they are closing in one hour and i need to finish. Really terrible food overall as well as attitude and customer service. Wouldnt go back there again.
Shame for the nice decoration and aspect of the cafe.Hope this will help other people in the future.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank sandra s
WendyCoventry, Owner at Cafe Italia, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Sandra

Thank you for taking the time to review the business, I am sorry to hear that it was not to your liking. We usually do receive very positive feedback with regards to the customer service and especially the standard of food.

With regards to the first point the staff serving you on that particular day were english and did remark to me that they had difficulty understanding your order requests.

With regards to the complaints of the standard of food, i am always open to criticism and aim to amend anything to the customers taste. However in order for me to assist in resolving complaints I need to know exactly what is wrong with the food. It is not of help for someone to complain about every single item on the dish to the extent of the size of the chips by just saying that they dont like it and dont know why. I would also like to point out that in my experience if the customer does not like any of the food they do not eat it all, they normally send it back to the kitchen for me to change to their liking so they can then eat it.

With regards to the comment regarding the soup, when entering the restaurant at closing time the waitress clearly said that we were closing soon but could accommodate most requests despite the kitchen closing. I think this was a simple misunderstanding between yourself and the waitress.

I hope the above helped to clear up any issues with regards to your recent experience. The business has a very good reputation for food standards and customer service and we hope that you will revisit to enjoy this.

Kind regards
Cafe Italia
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
“An easy, comfortable dining experience with friendly staff :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Myself and a friend dined here today around 3pm, it was neither heaving with customers nor desolate, but nicely filled out. Not very noisy, just the radio playing in the background, and i could easily talk to my friend without raising my voice. Staff are easy going, let you order and eat at your own pace which i loved. We had homous with pitta and also garlic bread (4 good size pieces) for starters. Then for mains i had the arrabiatta pasta (spicy tomato, herb and chicken), which was rich, flavoursome and hot as per request and my friend had a veg panini that she enjoyed. For desert we shared the 3 scoop icecream option, which to our surprise came in a large sundae glass, topped with some crispy wafers. The chocolate icecream in particular was delicious and had broken pieces of rich chocolate mixed in. Cranberry juice was fine, my friends tropical smoothie was nice. Bill only came to about £23 for the two of us, considering the large portions. Overall, very happy, will be dining here alot more :)

1 Thank 100Dreams