“Nice Hotel, Does the Job”

Premier Inn Coventry City Centre (Belgrade Plaza) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Cardiff
“Nice Hotel, Does the Job”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

Stayed here on business. Nice hotel 2 mins walk from the centre of Coventry. Nice bar area, clean rooms, safe and secure. No car park but has a multi storey next to it which cost me about £7.50 for the night. If you ask at check out, they give you a 10% discount on the parking.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
South-East England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights and cannot fault this excellent hotel. Check-in was done speedily and courteously by the friendly staff on the reception desk. Our room was clean and quiet. The beds were warm and comfortable.
We enjoyed our breakfasts, especially the fresh fruit salad. Cooked food is freshly-prepared for each guest. We also had an evening meal in the hotel and this too was good value. Portions were on the large side.Again, the dining-room staff were friendly and attentive.
We had a problem with our heating one evening. This was swiftly dealt with and we were offered another room opposite and helped with the move.
The hotel is a short walk from the shopping-centre, the university and the cathedral. We especially liked our visit to the Transport Museum which is about a 3 minute walk away from the hotel. However, the train station is quite a long walk, especially if you have heavy luggage. Having said that, there are plenty of taxis at the train station and the hotel ordered a taxi for us to take us back which arrived within a few minutes. It costs about £4 each way to/from the station.
What impressed us most throughout was the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Dublingirl52
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

everytime i stay here, i walk away amazed, i live in hotels up and down the country, from premier inn's to hilton hotels, the staff at premier inn coventry are truly the best in the business in my eyes, breakfast on sunday morning was very busy, but the staff here are not fazed by this, the manager on shift offered us a coffee whilst we waited for a table to be come free, u dont get that in expensive hotels...

bedrooms spotless, great nights sleep, breakfast all you eat, staff superb, what more can you ask for....

1 Thank stu21_11
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

This is a great hotel to stay at. I have stayed here 4 times before, it is very new and located in the City Centre so I can get to the shops and resteraunts easily. There is a Pizza Express and Bella Italia opposite the hotel if you don't want to eat in-house. There is also a Costa Coffee inside the hotel.

Also if you book in advance at the Premier Inn website you can get good deals to stay and for the money its great value.

The rooms are of a good size and very clean, tv, freeview, a desk, chair its all there. Also very secure as you need your card to access the lifts.

Staff are very helpful and give good service.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the room opposite the lifts !
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Batsy88
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

was in a great location to get to places in town on foot.
was there for one night was able to walk to great place to eat from hotel.
hotel was clean and no noise although bang in the middle of town.

i booked a wake up call but i did not happen....staff more than mad up for it by packing me some food to eat as i was in a hurry to go to a meeting.
have great team at the desk they love their work and made me feel welcome.
i intend to stay there again.
my pals booked elsewhere but i know i made the best choice.

well done!

Room Tip: cant think of any.
1 Thank nfero
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed here for one night on my way to a conference at Warwick University. The Hotel is reasonably conveniently placed for the railway station, less than 1/2 mile walk and is beside a multi storey car park although not sure about parking charges. (I think a 10% discount for customers) . The rooms are Premier Inn rooms, fairly basic but comfortable and air conditioned and good value for money at the low end of the charging scale (paid £29 + breakfast for a night). The bar/restaurant is again up to Premier Inn standard with a good cooked breakfast available from 07:30 at weekends which was helpful. The surrounding area is fairly dead but we found a small pub "The Gatehouse Tavern" close by which did a good selection of beers

2 Thank sc0ttietraveller
Yorkshire, England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

The first thing to go wrong happened even before I got to the hotel. I phoned the reception and asked them to give me the postcode of the car park (which I knew wasn't actually part of the hotel). I duly tapped in the postcode I was given into the sat nav and parked where it led me to - New Union Street. Not knowing Coventry, I got out of the car, looked around, was a little surprised not to see any Premier Inn around. I walked for a couple of minutes and asked someone for directions. When I was told it was at the other end of the city centre, I wasn't happy. It was a 30 minute walk with heavy bags in 30 degree late September temperatures.

In the morning, I needed to be off early for a meeting, so I got to breakfast for 6.30 and put in my order (I had to chase the waitress - she wasn't that interested in taking orders). I needed to be finishing for 6.50 to get my train. When it got to 6.45 and I still didn't have my breakfast, I politely asked the waitress where my food might be. She then told me, "Oh, yeah. We're having problems with the oven this morning." OK. Were you planning on mentioning that there might be a delay? No word of apology, just a look of contempt on her face.

The room itself - as you'd expect, boring and bland. At least the bed was comfortable but the sheets didn't smell fresh and there was a mouldy smell in the bathroom from an old shower curtain.

Never again.