TripAdvisor
Coventry
Post
Inbox
Search

“Manisha is brilliant, best service”
Review of Zizzi

Zizzi
Reserve a Table
Bookatable
OR
Order Online
Ranked #81 of 732 Restaurants in Coventry
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went there for a meal after a horrendous experience on Friday. After complaining we were called back in for a meal. Manisha was the best, she was so attentive and excellent excellent customer service. Food as a vegetarian was good this time. James the manager really looked after us too. Other members of staff were not so good, they probably need training. If Manisha is serving, I’d definitely go back there again. Food was excellent too!!! My lil 15 month old loved the food too.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (137)

Reviewed September 11, 2019

Place looks nice enough & waiting staff pleasant, but thats where the good stuff ends.... should have got out after i ordered tagliatelle and the waitress came back 5 mins later to say the chef just informed her that they had no tagliatelle pasta!!! this is a major chain ITALIAN restaurant ?

To be fair i wasnt that bothered when she told me this & just said id have the same dish but with Linguine or spaghetti... then the dishes arrived, no flavour & the 'beef & vension ragu was no where to be seen ( basically plain watery pasta ) i pulled a few bits of mushroom from my sons pizza to bulk it out as didnt want to make a fuss... but my wife said no way, not when we are paying £15 for a small bowl of spaghetti! so told the waitress and she agreed that it didnt look good, and brought over a bowl of meat. had to wait, by which time the rest of the table had nearly finished. even once added the etrx meat in though, it just wasnt good.

Wife had king prawn linguini , basically just over acidic tomato sauce with 3 prawns in... another 15 quid please

seriosuly 30 quid for two small bowls of bad pasta, plus costs of drinks etc on top ...never again zizzi!

Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

I had toscano soup which had a strange flavour and the presentation was over fussy to the point of inconvenience, it was served in a small bowl on a big piece of driftwood that barely fit on the table. The Romano pizza was edible but the base was soggy and the toppings a bit overkill, too much going on. Service average and the restaurant setting is nice.

Reviewed August 26, 2019

Visited on 22nd August very pleasant staff and great food we had the 2 course lunch time menu we were a bit pushed for time but all food came out quickly would highly recommend

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 21, 2019 via mobile

Visited last night with my boyfriend. We both love Italian food, and he’s a vegetarian so we were really impressed when google suggested Zizzi due to the options available for veggies.

The interior is beautiful, the lighting is gorgeous and just perfect for date night or a catch up with friends. The drinks menu is very impressive and I must admit, the aperol spritz was the best I’d ever had. The touch of grapefruit and rosemary was wonderful!

He had lentil Ragu, I had the rustica pizza campagna which is my favourite pizza ever. Both were delicious, as was our strawberry sundae!

The staff were always hard working and really friendly, a smile was always delivered and they were always asking if we needed anything else. It was the right level of attentiveness. The waitress, unsure of her name, was delightful. She was really sweet and so was the waiter.

The downside was the customer behind us complaining the whole time. His food looked lovely, yet when the waitress took it over he passively aggressively asked her where the meat was, and was complaining during the whole meal that the place was full of young people. Yet when she asked him again if everything was okay, he said it was good. But then complained about the service! I don’t understand these types of customers, as all it does is put a downer of others dining experiences.

But all in all, service was incredible, the best service we’ve had in Coventry, and the food and drinks were both to die for.

Date of visit: August 2019