“Lovely stay in a great house!”

Stillwaters Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 25 Coventry B&B and Inns
Beccles, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay in a great house!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is a really welcoming B&B. My room was comfortable and very reasonably priced at £30 (it's half the price of a double when you're on your own! BARGAIN!) Breakfast is excellent value at £7.

Although there was a shower in the room, the loo was just outside but it was fine and only for my use. I was showed alternative rooms in case I preferred the look of them but mine (room 3) was great.
The owner was very hospitable and pointed me in the direction of places to eat or where to get a take away. She offered to heat up whatever I wanted and provided a plate and cutlery.
I would definitely stay again and would recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank jo_ryder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2014

On our arrival we were struck straight away by the beauty of the house and its setting. Beyond the large garden with its squirrel population and Muntjak deer visitors, is open unspoilt countryside, yet the village is within walking distance.The house is a wonderfully characterful Arts and Crafts-style buliding with decor and furnishings carefully chosen to create a period ambiance, The modern features required by guests are incorporated unobtrusively. Our breakfast was everthing that you could wish for, and Sandra Bonner, the proprietor was very pleasant indeed. We would have no hesitation in recommending 'Still Waters' and fully intend to return again (I'm sure the garden will be even more beautiful in Spring or Summer!)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This house is just wonderful just so much character and the hosts so welcoming.
The breakfast will set you up for the day. Brilliant large gardens must be splendid in spring and summer when the flowers are out.
If your going to the Nec show ground this place is a must to stay being only 15 minutes away.
What more can one say just read the reviews. EXCELLENT A++++++

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Found this through Late rooms and from the pictures it looked lovely But to be honest it was stunning.We booked the family room which was just beautiful as was the rest of the house and grounds to which we were allowed to let our very well behaved dogs play in we were also allowed them inside but as it was so pretty and the car park very secluded we decided to leave the dogs in the car and they were very well Behaved.
Nothing was to much trouble for the Young lady who was in charge.
We will definately be back Already booked...
10/10 Well done just super..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
strathaven
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Loved our time here from start to finish, we booked a family room for 3 adults and arranged beforehand that we could bring our dogs. When we arrived, easily found via satnav, the house was too lovely and the location secluded so we left the dogs in the car overnight, they were allowed to use the huge gardens for exercise.
The bedroom was beautiful, an eclectic mix of old and new, crisp cotton sheets, a real duvet, and loads of pillows, glass chandeliers and lace curtains looking out over a vast well maintained garden. We had a great sleep, the room was warm, but also had a stove heater if required.
The ensuite was in keeping with the style of the house, toiletries were provided, with huge fluffy towels, my only complaint is that we only stayed one night!
Breakfast is an additional £7, and well worth it, the hosts also being very accommodating regarding the times, 7.30 on a Sunday morning, absolutely no problem! Breakfast was served on Royal Doulton china, beautifully cooked, on hot plates, with an abundance of fresh fruit, cereals, tea and coffee!
Will we go back, absolutely! Its better than the reviews say! 10/10 Well done!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This Guest House is located near Arley. It is a large house in a quiet location.

From the moment I stepped through the door a warm welcome awaited me. I was immediately offered a tea or a coffee. The bedroom was well decorated and had a very homely feel. The linens, bedding etc were of a good quality. I opted for breakfast (not included) and again a good choice was available.

I couldn't have wished for better, and if I have to return to this area, this will be my first port of call.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bristol
Reviewed October 9, 2010

What a find! I found it through laterooms and even though their reviews were good I didn't expect to get as much value for my money. It was a large house in the country and was super and very grand. Will definitely go back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business