“Fantastic place to stay”
Review of Acacia Guest House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coventry
Acacia Guest House
Ranked #17 of 25 Coventry B&B and Inns
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place to stay”
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We went to Coventry for a few days off. We couldn't have found a nicer Guest House. Wonderful English breakfast, clean rooms and very helful owner. We were surprised to find a large comfortable room and bathroom. Martin was every so helpful in every way, so we did not get lost. We felt quite safe at any time of the day in Coventry town.We went to visit Coventry to see and experience English culture:
We visited:
The Cathedral - we attended evening song
Holy Trinity Church
Lady Herbert's garden - a place to relaxe
shopping in Coventry - all the kind of nice shops
nice restaurants and pubs
a night at the theatre - an extra bonus
a day trip to Stratford upon Avon
The Herbert - art museum - what a very fine mueum

Nearest airport: Birmingham, but we came by Heathrow Airport and took the bus to Coventry without any problem.
Ingebjørg Brinck, Denmark

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank IB20

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2010

A group of 17 of us stayed and from the first time I contacted him Martin was helpul, friendly and flexible. We arrived slightly late and were warmly welcomed. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay - the atmosphere was very open and friendly, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and the breakfast excellent. We were made to feel very comfortable and 'at home'. Acacia was the perfect base for our stay - so close to the centre and so accomodationg. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank KJC54
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Stayed two nights in July, while visiting old friends in the Coventry area. Very convenient location only a short walk from the train station. Flew in to Birmingham and Coventry is only a short train ride from that airport. Walked into the nearby shopping precinct the first afternoon and again in the evening. Nearby cathedral (old and new) and Lady Godiva should not be missed. Also found a good Indian restaurant (Tamarind Gold) on TripAdvisor to try out.
Hosts were very nice, answered all my questions and gave good walking directions. Breakfast was excellent. Only point I could mark them down on was the lack of internet service. In this age this is important for almost everyone, and WIFI systems are so low in cost now it is a shame more B&B operations do not offer this.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank dmyers53217
Brazil
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We stayed for several days to visit Coventry and surroundings. We had a nice, big bedroom, with bay windows. Both the room and bathroom had plenty of natural light and big windows that worked fine.

We had two options of breakfast. The landlord was welcoming, and assuring we ate well.

I like the location. I believe it's less than 10 minute walk to the precinct, and really close to the rail station. Free car parking.

No complains at all. If pressed to say any downside, I would point out the typical british noisy wood floors and expensive pay phone.

I will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Isopor
northwest, england
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Do not book! Your booking won't be honoured!
I had booked a singlre room for my son who had travelled a long way and was delayed. I had told the female owner that he would arrive at approx 8pm. At 8.30pm the male owner phoned me,using an irate tone and refused three times to say who he was after asking to speak to me. I immediately felt threatened by his angry tone. He asked where my son was. I explained that I would phone him and then rang back to say my son was a few minutes away and would definitely be arriving. Again he was very rude and angry towards me.
My son arrived, waited outside for 15mins until the owner met him. He was immediately rude and irate towards my son, being annoyed at his 'late' arrival. My son tried to reason with him and asked why he had been so rude towards me. The man then tore up the booking form and threw my son out of the hotel. He intimidated him on a further two occasions as he insisted he left the car park, as my son was phoning me and trying to find his bearings in the City, to be able to find another hotel. This attitude very much upset us both. My son had travelled a great distance and was left in a City at night that he had little knowledge of.
We will be using the large conglomarites such as Travel-lodge in future, rather than try to support small businesses who treat you with such disregard and disrespect.
SHAME ON YOU! !

Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
9 Thank duffle55
acaciaguesthouse, Owner at Acacia Guest House, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
Please note. Room avalible on arival
Why was son told room was paid for.
we made contact and held room with no deposit when son was late
why did mother act as a go between very unusal
Son not marroned was in sisters house.
Due to behaviour we had to ask son to leave the premises this also ment the
car park, as is our right.
we or our guests do not need to be subjects to abuse and bad behaviour
Please use budget chains we offer a value for money service and do not need
the agro
Asperg
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We needed a central accomodation, convenient to Birmingham Airport by train for a group of students. We had the problem that our plane from Stuttgart was very late. We were just lucky fot find Acacia Guest House. Martin did every effort to help us organising. Thank you very, very much! Nice and clean rooms and a lovely breakfast. For our German fellows:
Wenn Ihr eine schöne Unterkunft in Coventry sucht, meldet euch beim Acacia Guest House!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank tobke
Puebla
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I travelled with my wife and a three years old daugther, and several suitcases. The acacia guest house was perfec for us because it is very close to the railway station and city centre, and you can go to the University of Warwick very quickly by bus.

In the room, everything was clean, tidy, cousy and there was enough room for our suitcases, the baby pushchair, etc., The room was always warm and there was hot water at any time.

We had the full English breakfast plus cereal (which was the best we had among London, Oxford, Warwick and Stradford Upon Avon, etc.) or the option of fruit, yougurth, cereal, etc.

In addition, people at Acacia guest house were very kind and helpful at any time.

When we go back to Coventry, we wil stay there again, definitely.

Adrian Jimenez-Gomez