“Just Amazing - Very impressed”
Review of Bengal Delight

Bengal Delight
Ranked #41 of 577 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bengal Delight is a simple and stylish curry house on Holbrook Lane in Coventry serving up authentic regional cuisine from Bangladesh, India and Pakistan. With wooden floors, burgundy leather seats and fresh flowers, the dining room has a welcoming ambience, and the staff at Bengal Delight are are friendly and helpful. The restaurant's menu features old favourites alongside contemporary chef's specials, and popular dishes include the Chicken Chilli Massala with lemon juice, fresh garlic and chopped chillies; the Shatkora Tenga – tender lamb cooked with citrus fruit and spices; and the Sylheti Jhinga Massala – king prawns baked in the tandoor and served with yoghurt and fresh cream. Bengal Delight is popular with locals for fun get-togethers and celebrations
rugby
“Just Amazing - Very impressed”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Wow, what can I say..... This place is outstanding. It may not look that impressive from the outside, but once inside it really impresses. There's lovely ambient lighting, well presented tables with stylish cutlery. The staff were attentive and the food (both veg and non-veg) was just delectable, we were really surprised with the quality, taste and presentation of the food. There are other unique little touches that makes this place really stand out from the rest, and in terms of value, it compares very favourably to other indian restaurants in Coventry.
Believe me, we have been to lots of Indian restaurants in Coventry over the years, but this one is currently our favourite and has impressed us the most. We will certainly be going back again.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Bhiryo

Poole, United Kingdom
“Magic Curry!!!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

De Vere Ricoh Arena Hotel recommended this place to me as I am not local and fancied a good curry. Without hesitation the reception staff said "Got to go to Bengal Delight"...So I did...
Staff were great, location and parking dead easy to find, food was so good, not oily or greasy and couldn;t believe the size of the condement dishes with the poppadums....huge!! Really good value for money! Thanks guys!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Pittman1979
Coventry
“Always a winner.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I'm a bit of a regular here now as it's just so good I keep going back. Think I've tried most of the menu and can't moan about anything. Great quality at good prices and the staff are briliant too.

Visited April 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Over the years........”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've used the Bengal Delight on and off for well over ten years, but as we moved to the other side of the city then we started to visit regular. Recently we have been finding it harder to get good Asian food close to home, so I drove over last week and collected an order from the Bengal Delight for the first time in about a year and they have certainly raised their game, may be because of the competition next door, but regardless of why, the food was great and the prices seemed lower. It's hard to please my wife when it comes to restaurant food, but even she said the meal was lovely, with good quality, well cooked meat. I'm not sure what happened to Marie x who filed a bad review, because the staff in the Bengal Delight have always been curtious and attentive.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Chris H
Redditch
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant....”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I'm a food critic from southampton and as l was in the area in a meetin me an a few members off my small team tryd out this place Bengal Delight..
What is there to say Fantastic.
I often visit this part off uk an so far l am impressed clean, warm welcoming staff, beautyfull food an brilliant deco.
Will come back!!!!