“Not bad, better than some other Indian options in Coventry”
Review of Bengal Spice

Ranked #402 of 585 Restaurants in Coventry
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I tried two Indian restaurants in Coventry city centre, this and Tumeric Gold. If I had a choice I would choose Bengal Spice over the other. The prices seem better and I felt the dishes were a little more to my taste. I believe I asked for "hot" for my chicken dish and got what I would normally rate as low to medium spice. If you read my review of Tumeric Gold you'll see I don't typically like the over-sweetness of Indian food I've had in the UK. That's just my palette. But I'm still willing to keep trying to find good places during my visits to the country. Service was good. Beer was cold.

There are newer reviews for Bengal Spice

Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Nice food, always great quality with plenty of good meat. Only thing they could improve is to have lime pickle & chilli added to the poppadoms chutneys

Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is a great find under a rather unassuming office block. The food was great, spiced just right and plenty of it. The naan bread melted in your mouth. Only one negative: very limited dessert choices.

Reviewed November 25, 2011

Lagered up to a certain degree and stranded in a hotel miles from civilisation, some friends and I jumped into a taxi and asked him to take us to a decent curry house.....we drove for what seemed like an eternity until we arrived at Coventry and this little curry house. It was recommended by the taxi driver but looked ...well ....to be honest...a bit of a dump........Faced with no alternative, we went in. The decor is dated and fading, but the staff were friendly and attentive. We had starters and mains...all freshly cooked and good quality.....and a couple of lagers (which we probably didn't need) came to just short of £20............If I'm ever unfortunate to end up in Coventry again...I would certainly pay this place another visit.

Reviewed May 31, 2011

Excellent service - food was lovely and tasty. More importantly there was plenty of it. Some restaurants skimp on the meat but not here. Plenty of sauce and meat to go with the rice and naan bread and side dishes we ordered. I really can't fault this lovely little restaurant.

The toilet door looks a little run down but inside it smells amazing and is totally clean with plenty of toilet roll! Always a bonus in my book.

2  Thank cjbunni