“Good Pub Grub”

Dining options: Reservations
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Good Pub Grub”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I visited The Open Arms last week with my wife and two young children. We were greeted with a very welcoming "good afternoon" from the barmaid, the pub looked very clean and tidy. Noticing we had a young child one member of staff brought over a high chair without us having to ask for it.

The food was reasonably priced and was very tasty.

I would recommend this pub to my friends and family.

Rugby, United Kingdom
“Good in an emergency”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We arrived on a Sunday at 9pm desperate for something to eat. Although they were sold out of Sunday lunches, they managed to rustle up something pretty decent and reasonably priced. The beer was good too. The service was with a smile, which is amazing for Coventry.

“Worst pub in coventry”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My friends and I visited the pub on a Saturday it was noisy ask for music to be turn down but was told it was company policy to attract young people in so no can do. Tables were sticky staff were rude in the end did not eat because to dirty and did not like what we saw. Won't be going there in a hurry again.

2 Thank Milkyfloat
Coventry
“awful place”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

On the way in there were outside tables which still had food on them. Inside, we were greeted with the woman behind the bar's back, eating crisps, with a bar full of glasses. She began to serve us, whilst talking to some drunk local (he was clearly staggering, and saying he was in there every day) Not once did she say 'please' or 'thank you'. All downhill. The place was full of pi$$ heads at 5pm, staff were rude, and everything I touched was sticky, and it smelt bad. Avoid. Trust me.

Coventry, United Kingdom
“A pub with a lot of potential”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went to Open Arms recently mainly to eat. I was a little concerned after reading other ratings however we really enjoyed our meals. The service was good and the food was cooked just as we required. I believe this pub has suffered over recent times from the parent company not supporting it correctly. The pub has has usually had strong management but lately the owners have not taken actions to run a good pub correctly. This means introducing an experienced manager and giving time for the manager to impose his/hers style. The current manager has taken over a pub in decline through no fault of his own and he needs better support to turn the pub around and make it what it was previously: a good local.

• Visited July 2013