“Awful Parking”
Review of Belgrade Theatre

Belgrade Theatre
Ranked #9 of 80 things to do in Coventry
More attraction details
Owner description: The Belgrade Theatre offers an exciting mix of entertaining and engaging live experiences all under one roof.
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I parked at the Belgrade Threatre in Coventry this evening to watch my students perform at the theatre. Upon returning to my car I was met by the worst customer service I have ever experienced. The parking attendant was rude, patronising, disrespectful and completely insulting. I asked if he could swap two 5ps for a 10p he rolled his eyes and did this. I thanked him and walked away, I then went up the desk to ask a question and he interrupted me shouting "I don't have any more money" very loudly and slowly, implying I was stupid. I told him I did speak English and that he did not need to talk to me like that. He was then extremely rude to 3 ladies who wanted help with the machine, again talking to them as if they were stupid, not helping them and belittling them. I then asked him for help with the machine and he said "just go, I can't be bothered with this anymore."
I am disgusted with how this man treated his customers. When we asked his name he said "papa bravo three" and refused to give us his name. Because of this man I will not be parking at the car park again and will be warning all of my friends and family about this dreadful man.

3  Thank Rose1233
Ray C, Public Relations Manager at Belgrade Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

I'm so sorry to hear that you had such an awful experience parking near the theatre recently.

First of all I think it's important to say that the Belgrade Plaza car park is a completely separate company to the Belgrade Theatre and isn't owned or run by the theatre. Having said that, we know them well and their service is usually of a very high standard. It's an award-winning car park that offers safe and good value parking very close to the theatre and the majority of our visitors are keen to praise the facilities there.

We were very keen to pass on your comments to the Belgrade Plaza straight away and they are equally appalled by your experience. They are keen to discuss this with you directly and I'll send you a separate message for contact details.

I sincerely hope your experience won't prevent you from making future visits to the Belgrade.

There are newer reviews for Belgrade Theatre

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was our first visit with our Granddaughter and was as good as when we first took her mother at the same age. The reaction was the same total enjoyment. Have lost count of the amount of times visited. Never a dull moment.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We saw one fantastic show , Crazy for You , singing - dancing - acting were spot on , at times there was so much going on on stage you could not watch it all. The cast and the orchestra were fabulous. The only thing is , I don't think we can top this next time we go and see a theatre show anywhere. We could'nt buy tickets in advance (we have no card) No problem , Kay at the ticket office reserved us two and we arrived early and paid and collected. Thank you everyone involved in the show , I still have the songs ringing in my ears. David.

1  Thank browningdevon
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Went to see a Motown Tribute by The Formations and it was amazing! The show was really enjoyable, we sat in the stalls close to the stage did not have any restrictions to our view. Comfortable seating, easy to park close by, easy to locate etc. we'll worth a visit!!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Good surroundings, good choice for coffee(Tea) ,served with good choice of cakes, snacks. Would use this venue for meeting up with friends again at lunch/afternoon.