“Disappointing :-(”
Review of Belgrade Theatre

Belgrade Theatre
Ranked #9 of 76 things to do in Coventry
More attraction details
Owner description: The Belgrade Theatre offers an exciting mix of entertaining and engaging live experiences all under one roof.
West Midlands
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Disappointing :-(”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to the Belgrade Theatre for the first time last night. Lovely looking theatre, very modern, contemporary and staff (front desk) very friendly and polite.

Went to see La Boheme' (modern twist). Was disappointed that we missed Act II which they chose to perform in the foyer. The announcement made to leave the theatre when Act I ended was heard but quite a few of the audience did as we did and ignored it. Normally, you can sit in the theatre during a break as opposed to having to go to the bar/foyer etc. Halfway through the break, a Usher came and told us that the Act II was being played out in Foyer. The Company wanted to surprise audience. We were not impressed, as were other people we observed when they were told too. Equally, the foyer is small and some people said they were not able to see much anyway.

I think the audience should have been told of this. Very disappointed. Will have to see play again to get the fullness of the story. Overall, we loved the theatre and the play was 'alright'.

Visited January 2013

Coventry, United Kingdom
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Michael G”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I may have a slightly biased opinion as i'm from Coventry, but i truly think we have a real gem in the Belgrade Theatre, been here many times and it does not seem to matter where you sit you always get a good view and the accoustics are equally good. They have a varied calender of events and its rare for a season to go by without there being something to capture our interest. The theatre is modern with excellent facilities but has the atmosphere and anticipation of a good night out and quality theatre. Once more there is a very secure, well lighted car park a 1 minute walk away and some good restaurants/bars for a pre-theatre dinner/drink. My only criticism is that the service at the bar is way too slow as they never seem to have enough staff, the theatre misses out here as we now simply go elsewhere for a pre-drink.

Visited September 2012
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
170 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 204 helpful votes
“Great diverse productions”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've been to The Belgrade theatre on many occasions to see a variety of shows from musicals to children's shows and pantomines. The location is great, secure parking is in close proximity and there is a nice selection of bars and restaurants close by. The area around The Belgrade looks lovely since it has been redeveloped, with a great water feature and sculpture. Living in Kenilworth, this is a great theatre for me and my family, and I keep an eye on the website for interesting shows.

Visited April 2012
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great local theatre”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The Belgrade is a great local theatre that provides a variety of entertainment in it's two theatres. As Coventry is being re-generated it's becoming a place to visit in the evenings. Around the theatre are a range of good eateries in easy walking distance. Well worth a look at their website to see what's on.

Visited October 2012
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Writers”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I meet with members of the Writer's Hub on alternate Saturday mornings.
The Belgade is a nice place to have these meetings.
The restaurant has a friendly service and very good food and beverages.
Although I haven't been to see a play there for a long time, I am sure they still give good performances and I hope to be able to see one in the New Year.

Visited October 2012