“Good Pub lunch”

Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Good Pub lunch”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Been here before and was satisfied so here we were again with some
" New " items on the Menu. We chose the Amer Prawn Salad and the Caribbean Curry sharing a bowl of chips side. Both were most agreeable leaving a spicy warm after taste. Washed down with an excellent pint of Pedigree this was solid Pub grub total bill under £20 for the pair of us.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Wellitsmytake

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The rooms were nice and clean, and I found the staff on reception were very helpful and also very friendly, good location the only downside was the chef didn't turn up so no cooked breakfast was available.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed here on Saturday 15th March
The receptionist was very welcoming, our room was clean, well appointed and well maintained. The hairdryer was missing from the room, but another one was delivered as soon as we enquired. We didn't have breakfast. We would stay again.
We ate in the pub, part of the hotel. I ordered a hot-hot dog, which when it arrived was far too hot even for my taste. When the waitress took the plates, she failed to ask if our meals has been okay, which as my plate was almost full, it obviously wasn't.
The dining room was very full, but the lady maitre'd had the place running like clockwork, she was very good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lorrain M
Cinderford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed at this hotel as it was close to the venue we were trading at this weekend. On the Thursday 2 hours after arriving our van was broken into and £3000 worth of stock was stolen. Other than very begrudgingly providing CCTV footage to the police couldn't have cared or done less in fact the managers contribution was this might lead to us getting better cameras give this is not the first time in recent weeks this has happened I would certainly hope so. If you value your property i suggest steering well clear of the Cocked Hat.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank budha64
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Cocked Hat, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear budha64

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Cocked Hat in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Flaming Grill

Travelers are raving about these Coventry hotels

Birmingham England
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed here as part of a hen party for a stay near to Coombe Abbey for the banquet there.
The hotel is located next to a pub near to a main road/dual carriageway. There is a retail park nearby and a TGIs across the (busy) road, so there are places to eat and drink if you don't already have plans.
There were six of us and we booked three twin rooms. The rooms were all clean and had an ensuite with bath and shower, although no hand soap/toiletries was provided. Tea and coffee and a hairdryer were all located in the room. Although we paid the same for each room the sizes varied dramatically. One room being double the size of another. May be worth asking for a larger room when booking.
The staff at reception were very friendly and helpful. A taxi to Coombe Abbey costs between 5 and 7 pounds, I would recommend you pre-book. There are plenty of car parking spaces available
We did not have breakfast so can not comment in this.
Nothing special but exactly what we needed and for £45 per night per twin room great value.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room when booking
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Ingbrirchworth, UK
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I had been to this hotel before, and found it to be okay.
This time I was little disappointed.
A nice Lady took my details at reception and gave me directions to my room.
I went for a little walk, got back to the room and had a bath and relax.
There seemed to be a lot of noise from the nearby road, plus overhead trafic going into the Airport.
I was also disturbed most of the night by a couple in the adjoining room, who where having a romantic interlude, which went on into the early hours.
The walls are only paper thin, and the couple enjoying themselves, disturbed my sleep.
That, and the traffic noise, make sme think about booking again.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor, no view to from the window, and oicked up a lot of noise from the ne...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We were restricted to the location of the Premier Inn and so tried the Fayre and Square across the road for food on Valentines night. It was quite busy and they really could have done with extra staff serving drinks, but the food turned up in reasonable time. The quality was however poor, and seemed like quite cheap material. We again dined with the Cocked Hat on the following day, mainly because of the dreadful approach of the TFI Friday right next door to the Premier Inn, but that's another story! This time there were a number of people complaining that their food was taking ages to appear and when it did, it was cold. We waited 40 minutes for gammon and chips which was not prepared that well but I suppose they don't charge you the earth.... you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Sorry but we didn't stay here but be careful if you like quality meals and you want to dine here...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Cocked Hat, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear ivor_longwalk

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

Kind regards