“What a treat and surprise”
Review of Blue Bistro - CLOSED

Blue Bistro
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, British
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: At the Blue Bistro restaurant we offer a fabulous menu featuring modern British cuisine with a Mediterranean twist, based upon great, preferably local, seasonal ingredients, ethically sourced and cooked with passion. Despite the quality of our food, it is still possible to lunch at Blue for a fiver. Awards include the Warwickshire & Worcestershire Life Food & Drink Newcomer of the Year 2012 and an OpenTable Diners Award as one of the top ten most romantic restaurants in the UK and Ireland. The dining area at Blue covers two floors of a beautiful medieval building dating back to 1450, the exposed beams of which are complemented by striking wooden furniture to create an elegant ambiance and a unique dining experience. The building was formerly a pub called the Green Dragon - reputedly the model for the inn featured in George Eliot's Middlemarch.The restaurant is situated on the historic Spon Street, in Coventry City Centre, an easy walk from the Belgrade Theatre, the Skydome and its Odeon cinema, Ikea and, of course, Coventry Cathedral.We have good disabled facilities, but if you have mobility issues please let us know to ensure that your table is not upstairs!Unlike many restaurants, we are happy to welcome children.
Reviewed September 9, 2013

After eating some good meals in some not so excellent restaurants around
U.K over the Summer, I was delighted by my trip to Blue. Although situated in the most ideal location in terms of meeting friends across the other side town, parking, then visiting the Belgrade ec, I was worried I had not left us enough time for a good meal in a beautiful, historical but contemporary setting. However, the friendly, accommodating waiters and staff ensured we were quickly served some of the best food I have eaten in a long time, particularly in West Midlands. The menu is not extensive but diverse enough to accomodate our party of vegetarians, meat and fish lovers, those who love Spanish food and those who were on special no carb, low gluten diets etc and proved value for money in tems of the quality of the food we received. I would recommend anyone who has a birthday, date, works outing or fancies a private and relaxed conversation in a very special environment that is not like everywhere else visits. I will def return when in Coventry.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We booked a pre theatre meal so the restaurant was very quiet being early. Nice layout in keeping with the medieaval street. Staff were friendly and unobtrusive. I had a spiced hummus starter which was very tasty. I followed with seafood gnocci in a mushroom sauce which was delicious - lots of lovely flavour. My wife had duck breast on a salsa bed which she said was a little strange flavour wise but delicious all the same. A nice selection of beers available and overall a good dining experience. Staff were a little slow but it reflected on the relaxed overall experience. Would not hesitate to return

1  Thank cockneyjohn504022
Reviewed August 17, 2013

What can I say? Excellent food and excellent service,a combination and balance which so many restaurants fall short of. The staff were highly attentive without been intrusive with an extensive knowledge of the food and wine they were serving. Great ambience in an atmospheric venue with great attention to detail which did not go amiss. Would highly recommend and can't wait to return with friends and family. A true gem in the centre of Coventry!

3  Thank Kerrie V
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely place. We visited pre-cinema and we were in quite a hurry .a shame.we would have liked to have stayed longer to enjoy the ambience and savour the lovely food . Great customer service, professional and knowledgable waitress who couldn't do more for us . Gave us a discount off our next visit too! We will definitely go back ...lovely little restaurant

2  Thank Lilymaysmum
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We visited Blue Bistro a couple of weeks ago for my fiancé's birthday. I asked the staff if they'd mind putting some candles in the dessert when it came out as a surprise, which they readily agreed to. They then came over with menus and a complimentary glass of bubbly for each of us - a start to the great meal. We both enjoyed our dinner but unfortunately the candles, although in the dessert, weren't lit. We thought it was quite funny but the manager was quite upset so they brought over the rest of the bottle of bubbly (again complimentary) and offered us a discount voucher for our next visit. The food was great but what struck us most was the customer service, they were so friendly and really wanted to make our experience special - we'd happily go back again just based on this, the great food was a bonus. Thank you Blue Bistro for giving us a fab evening!

2  Thank Tiffany C